Fond farewell

Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:33 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold
Default Fond farewell

Hello all
Just popped in to bid you all a fond farewell. As of today, our house here in Sherwood Park is officially SOLD (took about 2 weeks) and we head back to Cheshire in August.

Had a really wonderful 3 years here in Canada, it has broadened us (no, not too many Boston Creme Do-nuts @ Timmies) in many ways, and we feel we have learned an awful lot about ourselves having gone through this positive experience of sampling a different way of life.

When we began, we weren't sure how long we'd be here, so we made the most of every year, got to do the majority of things we came here to experience, but now its time to kick off the cowboy boots, and snuggle back into those comfy old slippers, and we are very excited to be doing so too.!

Canada just isn't where we want to settle LONG term, but weve had a great 'extended holiday' and are very thankful to have had the opportunity to try it.

Debbie x
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fond farewell

Originally Posted by R2D2
Hello all
Just popped in to bid you all a fond farewell. As of today, our house here in Sherwood Park is officially SOLD (took about 2 weeks) and we head back to Cheshire in August.

Had a really wonderful 3 years here in Canada, it has broadened us (no, not too many Boston Creme Do-nuts @ Timmies) in many ways, and we feel we have learned an awful lot about ourselves having gone through this positive experience of sampling a different way of life.

When we began, we weren't sure how long we'd be here, so we made the most of every year, got to do the majority of things we came here to experience, but now its time to kick off the cowboy boots, and snuggle back into those comfy old slippers, and we are very excited to be doing so too.!

Canada just isn't where we want to settle LONG term, but weve had a great 'extended holiday' and are very thankful to have had the opportunity to try it.

Debbie x
Enjoy the rest of your time here and have a safe trip back at least you gave it a go and you'll never wonder "what if". Also good that you're leaving on a positive note.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:00 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Debbie x

Well Debbie all the best, dont forget us and there'll always be a welcome for you as long as I'm in Alberta,
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:02 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Trails, Debbie.
x
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:30 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

Debbie x
Isn't three years enough time to get citizenship?

If so is it worth applying and coming back for the requisites? Then you've always got that option in your back pocket so to speak.

Either way all the very best in your future endeavours.

Cheers
Steve
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Wow....sold already that was quick. You do have a beautiful home though, so I'm not surprise.

We need to fit in coffee's before you go, and a BBQ if you can.

Linda
XX
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Heartfelt best wishes to you and yours Debbie. I think you'd not long arrived in Alberta when I joined this forum - and your input was valuable to us back then (not that it isn't now ).

Well done on the house sale - I believe you are heading back to sunny Cheshire? Do keep us posted and perhaps give us one of those "One year back in Blighty" threads

Ann
Old Jun 26th 2008, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like it's been a fun three years and very worthwhile. We've been here nearly four years and in a perfect world I'd like to be moving back myself but with a Canadian wife (and in-laws nearby) it's not the easiest decision to be able to make.

I'd be really interested in hearing about your return once you've settled back and if in six months time it feels like it was the right decision. Good luck with your move.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 3:40 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Isn't three years enough time to get citizenship?

If so is it worth applying and coming back for the requisites? Then you've always got that option in your back pocket so to speak.
Lord yes! That's what I would do ..... you never know, but one day you might want to come back for a spell.... one of you might anyway....

..... but I guess you've thought of that and decided not.

So good luck and safe journeys!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with your "new life" in the UK
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, happy trails from me too! I've been reading & posting on here since 2005 so I've followed your story and really enjoyed your posts as you are always positive and just seem to sort things. Hadn't realised you were off so soon but it sounds the right thing for you!

Please do post an occasional update!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:48 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Heartfelt best wishes to you and yours Debbie. I think you'd not long arrived in Alberta when I joined this forum - and your input was valuable to us back then (not that it isn't now ).

Well done on the house sale - I believe you are heading back to sunny Cheshire? Do keep us posted and perhaps give us one of those "One year back in Blighty" threads

Ann
Hi Debbie, I'm the same as Ann (above), I remember your trials and tribulations when I first joined here.

I wish you good luck with your move back here and your plans for the future.

Karen
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:41 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all

Debbie x
Say hello to Cheshire for me, my old stomping ground. Best of luck.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all

Debbie x
The best of luck Debbie I am glad you enjoyed your 3 years.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=R2D2;6503958]Hello all

Hi Debbie
Congratulations on the quick house sale and all the very best to you and yours on your return to Cheshire , youve certianly chosen a great spot to return to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.