Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flying with young children

Flying with young children

Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:16 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying with young children

Originally Posted by steve666
Let's face it, our own kids are little angels and other peoples children are the scourge of satan, on planes, beaches, restaurants, shops, museums blah blah blah.
No that's my other half.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
No that's my other half.
And mine
Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

Top Cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's face it, our own kids are little angels and other peoples children are the scourge of satan, on planes, beaches, restaurants, shops, museums blah blah blah.
very true Fingers crossed eh. I find a DVD player is wort its weight in Gold. Worked for us also!! It pays to be prepared....

Top Cat
Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Top Cat
very true Fingers crossed eh. I find a DVD player is wort its weight in Gold. Worked for us also!! It pays to be prepared....

Top Cat
We didn't have DVD's or games consoles to keep ours quiet when they were young. Books and colouring pencils, that didn't keep their attention for longer than a gnat's whatsit.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

tom and jerry is an unknown quantity at this point

I can recommed Zoom, went to Calgary in June, was great. Poor girl across the aisle had panic attack and they were so good with her - I thought I was a bad flyer but this girl was bad. Had a smooth flight, attendants were really nice. Lots of kids on flight, we didn't have ours with us, so it was kind of a recce too. I wouldn't hesitate to travel with kids on Zoom. But having said that..... we didn't have any delays, if we had I could well be singing a different song of course.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:30 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

We used globalspan, pre-booked kids meals and seats
i know some have said on here no good, but fab for us, our kids are 2,5 and 9 and all no problems on the plane.
We let them have there fav teddy and a bag full of toys.
in mine i carry the juice and chew sweeties for when the plane takes off and lands and i let them have there fleece jackets to curl up under.
Colouring books and ds console a defo must
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I think that, like most things, if everything goes to plan it doesn't matter which comapny you are with. What happens when everything goes wrong is the best measure of service. Unfortunately most people don't find this out until it is too late.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Hate to break into this but, didn't Peter Pan used to do this?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but he didn't have to check in 4 hours before his flight
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

YOJO is on a distinguished road

Hi. Flown few times with our two from the age of 6 months. If you havn't paid for a seat for your baby ask at check in if there is a spare one. If there is they will normally let u have it for free. Also consider night flight for a semi-peaceful time. We found Thomas Cook airline the best, excellent, with lots of leg room. Hope this helps and good luck. JO
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Yeah, but he didn't have to check in 4 hours before his flight
That's what I was thinking, why use the normal airline route with all that hassle when Peter Pan will do it for nothing and no queues either, he'll just pick up as he flies across the UK, even drop them off at your destination in Canada, and at no extra charge!

OK, he may have to keep flitting back and fore to pick up wayward kids and there are other issues involving insurance and so on but from what I've seen from the last 50 odd years he does a damn good job, and the kids have fun too!

So come on parents! Pick up that phone and dial 333 333 and ask for 'Andy'.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:04 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hate to break into this but, didn't Peter Pan used to do this?
Yeah but he had Wendy to keep him happy
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah but he had Wendy to keep him happy
I hope not!
Lorna please! That sort of post is for another forum.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 11:58 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

I hope not!
Lorna please! That sort of post is for another forum.
did think on posting that it was a tad before the watershed , but hey, I'm in work so gotta do something to make the day go faster.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

did think on posting that it was a tad before the watershed , but hey, I'm in work so gotta do something to make the day go faster.
SUCK SOMETHING!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.