Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flying pets to Canada

Flying pets to Canada

Old Jul 18th 2010, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flying pets to Canada

Hi All
I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with Delta Airlines in particular using them for pet transportation to Canada. Also if its at all possible to hire
the 'pet crates' or are they only available for purchase. We have 2 dogs
1 lab 1 cocker and are currently looking into the available options and whether we can make arrangements directly with the airlines as some insist you must use a pet shipping agents.
All advice / help very must appreciated
Old Jul 18th 2010, 6:18 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying pets to Canada

A quick search brought up these prior threads as well as many more - your questions could well be answered!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=flying+pets

Old Jul 18th 2010, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Piff
many thanks , i'd already looked over many of the above threads but could not
find any info on Delta Airlines and Pet transportation experience with them in particular, having spoken to several airlines Delta seem to be the best on price and would be interested to hear from anyone who has used them for pet transportation .
Old Jul 18th 2010, 10:56 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

You could be better off posting in the USA forum about Delta Airlines - just for the general idea??
Old Jul 19th 2010, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Hey Buddy, we're over here in Lethbridge at the mo on our landing trip.

We've got 3 Huskies to bring over and at the mo our cheapest option looks like Animal Airlines with a quote of £2300

Never heard of Delta airlines so can't help out there, ours would be flying with Thomas Cook from Manchester. If you sort anything cheaper pal can you let me know and any idea where you're heading for now?

Anyway buddy take it easy

Regards

Mags
Old Jul 19th 2010, 3:58 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I used Air Transat / Thomas Cook and did it all myself - so that makes it cheaper - I bought crates off ebay and have kept them in case need to get dogs back to Uk = they live in the garage and thats where the dogs go when we are out ! They are happy in em

When I get a bigger car / truck I will put one on the back for them = rather than being stuffed in the back of a mazda 3 hatch!
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

justie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mags1972
Hey Buddy, we're over here in Lethbridge at the mo on our landing trip.

We've got 3 Huskies to bring over and at the mo our cheapest option looks like Animal Airlines with a quote of £2300

Never heard of Delta airlines so can't help out there, ours would be flying with Thomas Cook from Manchester. If you sort anything cheaper pal can you let me know and any idea where you're heading for now?

Anyway buddy take it easy

Regards

Mags
That doesn't sound bad for three huskies i got quoted £1,800 for my lab! must have a silk bed and chandalier included! I will try animal airlines, but might try to do it without the pet company to try to save a few pennies.
Justie
Old Jul 19th 2010, 4:15 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I paid 700 GBP for a large dobie/ridge cross and a short lab/staf cross!