Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flying to Calgary

Flying to Calgary

Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

GandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant future
Default Flying to Calgary

Hi,

We have been looking at booking flights to Calgary and are a little confused at the pricing. When we looked on the web (expedia, opodo, travelocity et al) It turns out that it is more expensive to buy a one way ticket as opposed to a return (~£400 in some cases).

So we were wondering how others have made the final trip to Canada, did you just buy a return and just not bother using the return flight or did you just pay for the single.

Also a bit curious to know which airline(s) you flew with, which ones you'd avoid and if you requested/needed any additonal baggage allowance.

We've heard mixed things about transat and canadian affair, however most of these don't fly from Scotland before May.

Hope you can help,

Cheers
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

RSJAGO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flying to Calgary

Hi ya, we discovered the same thing. its alot cheaper to buy a return ticket rather than a one way! god knows why!
We will be flying Air Cananda from Heathrow and not using the return tickets. Also we will be paying for 2 or 3 extra suitcases.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:47 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Air Transat is fine..i flew club class at chrimbo was a brand spanking new plane..their tickets are much cheaper one way than return.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

bex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nicebex1 is just really nice

I am also looking at the same thing at the moment and finding that Air Transat one way flight is about £1000 cheaper than an Air Canada return flight.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

if you fly transat (which I did) you can just pay for extra baggage at the check in. I think it was £65 each bag.