Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

flyers, coupons and tree-hugging

flyers, coupons and tree-hugging

Old Jan 25th 2009, 3:25 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold
Default flyers, coupons and tree-hugging

I was browsing a local rag and saw an advert for flyerland.ca:
http://www.flyerland.ca/

I've noticed a lot of people here like flyers and might like that link.

I personally never read flyers and have had a 'no junk mail' on my mailbox for about 12 years. I figure I've saved enough trees with a simple placement of a decal to counter some of my damage to the environment in other ways. If you're interested: http://www.reddotcampaign.ca/
Old Jan 25th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: flyers, coupons and tree-hugging

Originally Posted by hwp
I was browsing a local rag and saw an advert for flyerland.ca:
http://www.flyerland.ca/

I've noticed a lot of people here like flyers and might like that link.

I personally never read flyers and have had a 'no junk mail' on my mailbox for about 12 years. I figure I've saved enough trees with a simple placement of a decal to counter some of my damage to the environment in other ways. If you're interested: http://www.reddotcampaign.ca/
But the flyer has already been printed. Whether it's posted through your door or not - it still exists.

Last edited by joelsa; Jan 25th 2009 at 3:38 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 3:51 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joelsa
But the flyer has already been printed. Whether it's posted through your door or not - it still exists.
Of course it does; I'm not stupid... and that comment was written with my tongue in my cheek (perhaps you missed my Mustang thread).

What also exists is the 'flyer distribution standards association' and various market researchers who take notice of consumer behaviour. Part of that noticing is seeing that a lot of Canadians don't want flyers in their mailboxes and this number is increasing. They would be stupid to ignore this and not find alternative methods to spam their target markets... and voila, a website.

Last edited by hwp; Jan 25th 2009 at 4:14 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:18 pm

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hwp
Of course it does; I'm not stupid... and that comment was written with my tongue in my cheek (perhaps you missed my Mustang thread).

What also exists is the 'flyer distribution standards association' and various market researchers who take notice of consumer behaviour. Part of that noticing is seeing that a lot of Canadians don't want flyers in their mailboxes and this number is increasing. They would be stupid to ignore this and not find alternative methods to spam their target markets... and voila, a website.
Yes I agree - mine go straight into the recycling. Trouble is, they come stuffed inside the free papers we get.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hwp

Sorry, I wasn't implying you were stupid, I was merely stating the obvious. And no, i didn't see the mustang thread.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I always think of it as doing my bit to help the Canadian forestry industry; and the hamster seems to like the real estate paper as lining for the box he runs around in while we're cleaning his cage.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 6:52 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hwp

I've found that companies are getting smarter at making junk mail appear to be non-junk. Readers Digest have just found me with their large brown envelope so I am going to try the red dot thingy as I think I have nothing to lose.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hwp
As much as one would like to think that was true, the website is probably just a recognition of an additional opportunity to reach the consumer.
Originally Posted by seaham gal
mine go straight into the recycling. Trouble is, they come stuffed inside the free papers we get.
...so perhaps they don't take that much notice after all.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket
I've found that companies are getting smarter at making junk mail appear to be non-junk. Readers Digest have just found me with their large brown envelope so I am going to try the red dot thingy as I think I have nothing to lose.
Can you return to sender, without postage.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
That is what I'd do.... Perhaps put some talc in the package too, just to get them to take notice!!!!

Bx
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:27 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook

Yes that's what I do. When I lived in the UK I used to return junk mail in the reply paid envelopes that were provided but I switched it all around so that that all the companies got each others crap!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 10:28 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edna Bucket
Yes that's what I do. When I lived in the UK I used to return junk mail in the reply paid envelopes that were provided but I switched it all around so that that all the companies got each others crap!
Ah, pure evil genius. You are indeed a worthy love child.