Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

flooring retail in B.C.

flooring retail in B.C.

Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold
Default flooring retail in B.C.

Dont know if anyone can answer this, but if you went to your local flooring retailer in B.C for say carpets or vinyl or wood flooring, does anyone know whether the installers are employed or are subcontracted like here in the Uk (I get the impression that they employ their installers, but if anyone can clarify this it would be most appreciated) sorry if this is a bit vague. we will be speaking to retailers in the Spring but would like a little background info if anyone knows, cheers. Mel
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:37 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flooring retail in B.C.

Originally Posted by 6mathers
Dont know if anyone can answer this, but if you went to your local flooring retailer in B.C for say carpets or vinyl or wood flooring, does anyone know whether the installers are employed or are subcontracted like here in the Uk (I get the impression that they employ their installers, but if anyone can clarify this it would be most appreciated) sorry if this is a bit vague. we will be speaking to retailers in the Spring but would like a little background info if anyone knows, cheers. Mel
I would imagine they are subbies - they seem to be over this side - at least at the big stores anyway.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Yea big stores here too, but I was wondering about the Independents. We are possibly speaking to Nu-floors - any views on them would be appreciated, they seem to employ their fitters. Are they a large outlet as they seem to be from over here or are they Independents....We aren't sure. Cheers. Mel
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:14 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

I Googled Nu-Floors website and I would say it is a franchised operation. Most stores/outlets are in Western Canada. It appears they employ their own installers which is not common in the retail flooring industry in Canada. Most companies subcontract because that way they don't have to pay benefits, vacations etc and have installers standing around if no work available.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:31 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, the vast majority of installer are subcontractors.