Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flights to the UK...

Flights to the UK...

Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:14 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights to the UK...

Okay so I have checked out Zoom and Air Transat and Air Canada - who else would fly us back to the UK for not much cash?!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:54 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to the UK...

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Okay so I have checked out Zoom and Air Transat and Air Canada - who else would fly us back to the UK for not much cash?!
Dunno, but when you find out, pleeeeeze let me know!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:56 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldbag
Dunno, but when you find out, pleeeeeze let me know!
I need to win a "free flights back to the UK in July" contest...anyone know of one!!

I cannot believe how expensive it is! How will I ever have enough money to eat all the M&S/Waitrose food I need if the flights cost so much?!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:59 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

I'm squinting at your little piccie....you know, your avatar thingy. Looks like the old pier at Brighton..is it?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:00 am

I'm squinting at your little piccie....you know, your avatar thingy. Looks like the old pier at Brighton..is it?
It sure is..well spotted! How did you recognise that so well?!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:06 am
itchy feet again!

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
It sure is..well spotted! How did you recognise that so well?!

Apart from having eyes like a sh** house rat.......my daughter lives there, and we were over there just a couple of weeks ago. I love it down there.....wish I could afford to live there.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:12 am

Apart from having eyes like a sh** house rat.......my daughter lives there, and we were over there just a couple of weeks ago. I love it down there.....wish I could afford to live there.
I love it there as well. If I moved back to the UK I would want to go there. Tis expensive though, so perhaps I will live in a tent on the beach!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

You will be struggling to get a good deal in July. Early July is better than mid to late July, but still around $900 return.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Paradisefound
You will be struggling to get a good deal in July. Early July is better than mid to late July, but still around $900 return.
I know! We wanted to go back to finish bits off at our UK house once the tenants move out and now it is looking like my OH will go whilst I stay here with the kids...not amused about this, nor looking forward to being in the house on my own EEEEEEEK!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Try Fly Globespan, although i don't think they're very popular on here at the moment.
We looked at July but it was too expensive (theres 5 of us) going early June now and quite a bit cheaper. I know that doesn't help if you have a special event to go to in July, but if you haven't then it's always worth looking at other dates.
hth

http://www.flyglobespan.ca/index.asp

Last edited by joelsa; Apr 7th 2008 at 12:32 am. Reason: add link
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by joelsa
Try Fly Globespan, although i don't think they're very popular on here at the moment.
We looked at July but it was too expensive (theres 5 of us) going early June now and quite a bit cheaper. I know that doesn't help if you have a special event to go to in July, but if you haven't then it's always worth looking at other dates.
hth
Thank you!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

The timing is bad flights come down a lot after August. Around $500 Sept/Oct.

I went back on my own for 3 months (Jan-March) last year to sell a house. It had been on the market for 2 1/2 years with 4 agents and none of them payed it any attention, because we were out of the country. It was walk in condition all new everything and in a good location. I sold it on my own and had the money in the bank within 8 weeks. This did not make up for the 3 months I lost with my 5 year old, back in Nova Scotia. I hated every minute!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joelsa
hth

http://www.flyglobespan.ca/index.asp
Do they fly from Halifax?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:47 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

We are going in July as kid's friends will be off school at that time.

The cheapest I could find is Zoom, if you use the discount code, but it's still costing us Ca$2207 for the two of us from Calgary!

(edit: we forked out the little extra to select/reserve seats......)
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Morwenna
We are going in July as kid's friends will be off school at that time.

The cheapest I could find is Zoom, if you use the discount code, but it's still costing us Ca$2207 for the two of us from Calgary!

(edit: we forked out the little extra to select/reserve seats......)
oooh what is the discount code??? Then I can try and see it that helps at all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.