Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flights and maximum visit query

Flights and maximum visit query

Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Flights and maximum visit query

Hi everyone

Not been on here for a while. A few questions for you guys and gals

1 Are there any cheap flights to be had into Toronto or Hamilton nowadays. if so who should I be looking at using?

2 My step son visited on a 2 week holiday in June, but now wants to return for a 6 month stay with his aunt and uncle. I presume the 2 weeks has to be deducted from the 6 month limit, but just need to confirm my understanding is still correct.

3 Can he book a one way flight only and then book his return flight from Canada as he may wish to return home before the 6 months is up. Not sure about this one as I feel that immigration may want a definite return date. Can anyone verify the rules on this one please.

Many thanks

Graham
Old Oct 12th 2009, 3:38 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights and maximum visit query

Depends what you call cheap flight. To my mind all flights are cheap for what you get. If airlines sell flights too low, they end up going out of business. The biggest losers being the employees.

The six months starts again at POE on each journey. Is at the discretion of the immigration officer.

Without legal residency in Canada it would be extremely unlikely the airline will let him board on a one way ticket. Immigration may not let him in either. He could get an open return, but these are not discounted tickets.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flights and maximum visit query

Decided myself that it has to be a return ticket as I do not want him turned around at immigration in Toronto

Best deal up to now is £346 return with Canadian Affair

Thanks for your reply

I am so out of touch with Canadian matters now that we are no longer moving there.

Graham