Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flights booked dogs coming too?

Wikiposts

Flights booked dogs coming too?

Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Theoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really nice
Default Re: Flights booked dogs coming too?

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
I have been told the same.
we've also been told the same. We fly, complete with Labrador (hopefully) on June 1 from Manchester so we'll soon find out! Apart from arriving even earlier just in case there are any last minute questions to resolve we're not planning on doing anything different to a normal trip.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding examination on arrival, as you can see from the Air Transat link, it states it as normal course.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Also I was told that if a rabies jab had not been administered prior to departure, that a vet at destination would administer one and you would be charged for that.

DO REMEMBER TO ATTACH Original docs in a clear envelope to the outside of the vari kennel and take photocopies with you, in case they come off during the flight.
Stef
As in what are you attaching?

R
Old Apr 8th 2013, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
As in what are you attaching?

R
Oops sorry

you will need to attach the vaccination record showing rabies and microchip details and the fitness to fly cert together with your contact details and address.
stef
Old Apr 8th 2013, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Oops sorry

you will need to attach the vaccination record showing rabies and microchip details and the fitness to fly cert together with your contact details and address.
stef
WOW - Never had to do that last time - makes sense though.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:32 pm
AB/SK

Claren is an unknown quantity at this point

I flew into Calgary from Gatwick end of January with my 6 year old black labrador. You go to the normal check in desk and let them know that you have a dog (they will be expecting you) they will want to see your pet passport and rabies cert, I never got asked for a fit to fly, although we did have one. They will want to see that the dog can stand and turn in the cage. You can then walk your dog round to customs where they will x-ray the cage, put the dog in and put a seal on it.
At Calgary the dog (still in cage) will be at excess baggage before you do customs/goods to follow etc. You pay for a examination fee (think it was $30) but the dog was not even looked at!! then you can leave the airport PLEASE NOTE: the dog will not be allowed out of the cage until you have cleared customs and have left the airport, I stayed and sorted customs out while my wife took the dog, still in the cage, outside so he could have a wee.
He is a very spoiled dog, however over 10 hours in a cage didn,t seem to bother him.
They look after them very well and I think my wife was more stressed than the dog .
Anyone want any specific info PM me and I will try to help
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Theoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really niceTheoldfields is just really nice

Originally Posted by Claren
I flew into Calgary from Gatwick end of January with my 6 year old black labrador. You go to the normal check in desk and let them know that you have a dog (they will be expecting you) they will want to see your pet passport and rabies cert, I never got asked for a fit to fly, although we did have one. They will want to see that the dog can stand and turn in the cage. You can then walk your dog round to customs where they will x-ray the cage, put the dog in and put a seal on it.
At Calgary the dog (still in cage) will be at excess baggage before you do customs/goods to follow etc. You pay for a examination fee (think it was $30) but the dog was not even looked at!! then you can leave the airport PLEASE NOTE: the dog will not be allowed out of the cage until you have cleared customs and have left the airport, I stayed and sorted customs out while my wife took the dog, still in the cage, outside so he could have a wee.
He is a very spoiled dog, however over 10 hours in a cage didn,t seem to bother him.
They look after them very well and I think my wife was more stressed than the dog .
Anyone want any specific info PM me and I will try to help
How's your dog now after his trip?
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:57 pm
AB/SK

Claren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Theoldfields
How's your dog now after his trip?
Thanks for asking he is absolutely fine, believe it or not he was on tablets in the Uk for arthritis (he was diagnosed at 6 months with juvenile arthritis) and we have been here 3 months and he is now off them. Although it is cold ( ) it really is a drier cold which seems to suit him. The flight never bothered him, although he refuses to go in the basement, where his flight cage is kept !!