Flights

Old May 11th 2011, 8:24 am
Just Joined

jim1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights

Hi,

I am going to be moving to Toronto in the coming months and was hoping to move in August, but the flights are currently around £350 for a one-way flight, whereas in May and June they are around £170. My question is, are the August prices likely to change nearer the time, or am I better off booking now to travel in September instead (I can get a flight for £180 in September).

Many thanks
Old May 11th 2011, 12:20 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights

You're spending 10s of thousands of dollars moving to a new country to start a new life, is a matter of 170 pounds or so really a big deal in this decision, enough to change it by months?
Old May 11th 2011, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

I'm not really moving as such, I've got a one year international experience canada visa. I'd rather spend my money on better things than flights, especially when I probably don't have to.
Old May 11th 2011, 12:36 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jim1
Hi,

I am going to be moving to Toronto in the coming months and was hoping to move in August, but the flights are currently around £350 for a one-way flight, whereas in May and June they are around £170. My question is, are the August prices likely to change nearer the time, or am I better off booking now to travel in September instead (I can get a flight for £180 in September).

Many thanks
August is peak season. They will only go up as flights fill. Pretty much every plane to/from Canada is full in the summer (except up front). June/Sept will be cheaper.
Old May 11th 2011, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info. Looks like September it is then!
Old May 19th 2011, 1:47 am
Just Joined

nikkistothard is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks at the price of return flights rather than one way - surprisingly enough they are often cheaper!