Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

flight booked Hinton here I come (GULP!!!!!!!!)

flight booked Hinton here I come (GULP!!!!!!!!)

Old Nov 6th 2012, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

bigjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flight booked Hinton here I come (GULP!!!!!!!!)

Well folks flights booked(and a return was a damned site cheaper than a single),letter of employment and approval letter from Alberta government now in my possession.The departure day is just around the corner Wed 14th Nov and I'm full of excitement and fear 80/20 in favour of excitement.Huge Huge move but nothing ventured nothing gained and one things for sure if I don't give it a serious go I will regret it for the rest of my life.SEE YOU SOON FOLKS
Old Nov 6th 2012, 5:21 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flight booked Hinton here I come (GULP!!!!!!!!)

Why Hinton????
Old Nov 6th 2012, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Think we've had this conversation before CM. Work
Old Nov 6th 2012, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck
Old Nov 6th 2012, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks ALMOST
Old Nov 6th 2012, 6:49 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck with the move. There's some really lovely areas around Hinton. We stayed up there for a few days a couple of years ago.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks "TheThornes" I know I'm going at the worst possible time regarding the weather but if I can make it through the winter i'll never go back home,it looks lovely from what I've seen
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bigjohn
Well folks flights booked(and a return was a damned site cheaper than a single),letter of employment and approval letter from Alberta government now in my possession.The departure day is just around the corner Wed 14th Nov and I'm full of excitement and fear 80/20 in favour of excitement.Huge Huge move but nothing ventured nothing gained and one things for sure if I don't give it a serious go I will regret it for the rest of my life.SEE YOU SOON FOLKS
ooh congratulations sounds exciting are you going on your own?
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

Congrats
Was working in Hinton for several weeks around April/May - Nice view of the Rockies and easy to get to Jasper - enjoy
Old Nov 7th 2012, 9:32 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the trip and settling into your new job!

One of life's great adventures... I'm sure you'll get on great
Old Nov 7th 2012, 10:49 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Oh...I can hear your excitement! Many congratulations, don't worry, the fear will get much worse! You know it's going to 'happen' when you buy the ticket. Not long to go now. Very best of luck.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move, that's a lovely part of the country. Years ago when the mines closed in my town in N.W. Ontario, many people I worked with moved to the Hinton area and a lot of them are still there to this day. I think the big secret to coping with the winter is getting involved in winter sports and activities. If you can get enthusiastic about that sort of thing it will be a big help. I spent most of my life in Canada in an area where you can pretty much count on 6 months of it and while it wasn't for me, I know that many of those who enjoyed skiing, hockey, snowmobiling etc. actually looked forward to it. A good pair of winter boots and a warm parka didn't hurt either! All the best
Old Nov 8th 2012, 12:55 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigjohn
Thanks "TheThornes" I know I'm going at the worst possible time regarding the weather but if I can make it through the winter i'll never go back home,it looks lovely from what I've seen
actually the winter weather in Hinton isnt too bad at all...its just in the right place to get maximum effect of the Chinook winds..so it can be surprisingly mild in Hinton..i have been there when it was +13c and sunshine in January..where as it was around 0c in Jasper..0c in Edson and -10c in Edmonton.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much to all for your positive replies it means alot.I am coming over myself first for 3/4 months to give my job 100% and to settle and do the necessary ground work which will make the transition for my family easier(thats the plan anyway)T minus 6 days and counting GULP!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 9th 2012, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.