Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flight booked and decision made!

Flight booked and decision made!

Old Feb 28th 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold
Smile Flight booked and decision made!

Hi all,

Well, after a traumatic week deciding whether or not to make the big leap into the unknown, I have finally made up my mind and booked a flight for myself leaving April 9th!!

I feel releived to have come to a decision and its just a case of getting through the tough part of handing in my notice at work and saying the "goodbyes" that will follow

I want to thank all of you who sent lovely comments to me when I was so sad at the prospect of leaving my family and close friends behind, it really has been a big test for me but like you all said - if you don't try it you may regret it for the rest of your life.

I have already set up my home computer with Skype (as recommended by a few of you on here) and I'll be testing it out with my brother later to make sure its ok for my parents to use when I'm gone.

Anybody else flying out on April 9th from Manchester - Toronto ?? If there are, maybe we could meet at the airport?? Let me know.

Thanks again to everybody......you are all great!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flight booked and decision made!

Originally Posted by pinzo
Hi all,

Well, after a traumatic week deciding whether or not to make the big leap into the unknown, I have finally made up my mind and booked a flight for myself leaving April 9th!!

I feel releived to have come to a decision and its just a case of getting through the tough part of handing in my notice at work and saying the "goodbyes" that will follow

I want to thank all of you who sent lovely comments to me when I was so sad at the prospect of leaving my family and close friends behind, it really has been a big test for me but like you all said - if you don't try it you may regret it for the rest of your life.

I have already set up my home computer with Skype (as recommended by a few of you on here) and I'll be testing it out with my brother later to make sure its ok for my parents to use when I'm gone.

Anybody else flying out on April 9th from Manchester - Toronto ?? If there are, maybe we could meet at the airport?? Let me know.

Good luck with everything!!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 4:04 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Hi pinzo.....yes I agree that if you dont grab this opportunity then you might regret it later on in life. We have talked about emigrating for 10 years and if OH manages to get a job out there we will give it a go as I too dont want to be drawing my pension and saying "remember when we nearly moved to Canada"

Good luck and I hope it all works out
Old Feb 28th 2009, 4:15 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck Pinzo
Old Feb 28th 2009, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

wonderful news go for it!!!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Go for it Pinzo
Old Feb 28th 2009, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

Determination's got you this far...so, enjoy the adventure & don't think too much long term!
Lynsey
Old Feb 28th 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Candy001 has a spectacular aura aboutCandy001 has a spectacular aura aboutCandy001 has a spectacular aura about

Good Luck with your venture

It is the tough goodbyes that will keep you coming back
Old Feb 28th 2009, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

Best wishes and hope we're in same position as yours soon!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:03 pm
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

westewoo is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck pinzo. i will be flying out about the sand time but my dates havnt been confirmed yet as im still waiting for my twp
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by westewoo
good luck pinzo. i will be flying out about the sand time but my dates havnt been confirmed yet as im still waiting for my twp
Thank you all....I hope I've made the right choice....only time will tell, but I'm going to do my best to enjoy it and what happens happens!

Westewoo - let me know if you end up flying the same day, maybe we could meet up at the airport?

P.S. Good luck to all of you still waiting, x
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pinzo
Hi all,

We come out to Toronto in July and are going through the horrid telling people and doubt stage as well. If you want to keep in touch and meet up when we get out there would be lovely to have some friends locally in Canada and to be trail blazing while we prepare even!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nibbles2005
We come out to Toronto in July and are going through the horrid telling people and doubt stage as well. If you want to keep in touch and meet up when we get out there would be lovely to have some friends locally in Canada and to be trail blazing while we prepare even!
Yea! We can meet up when you get to Toronto. Where abouts will you be ?(its a pretty big place!)

The telling people is the most horrid part for me, and the doubts do set in. I keep getting "should I really be doing this" feelings but I have to keep reminding myself that I have to try it.