Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Flexible flights to the UK

Flexible flights to the UK

Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flexible flights to the UK

Hi guys,

I'm returning to the UK soon for a wedding. I have my return flight back to Canada sorted but I do not yet have a another return booked for going back to the UK which I believe I'm going to need to be able to board the flight as I'm on a 1 year WHV. It's my understanding that since I'm not a PR or Citizen, they won't let me on a flight if I don't have a return flight sorted back to the UK.

Do any of the major airlines do flexible tickets where you can change the dates without huge costs etc?

Thanks!
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:04 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flexible flights to the UK

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hi guys,

I'm returning to the UK soon for a wedding. I have my return flight back to Canada sorted but I do not yet have a another return booked for going back to the UK which I believe I'm going to need to be able to board the flight as I'm on a 1 year WHV. It's my understanding that since I'm not a PR or Citizen, they won't let me on a flight if I don't have a return flight sorted back to the UK.

Do any of the major airlines do flexible tickets where you can change the dates without huge costs etc?

Thanks!
All scheduled airlines offer flexibly tickets or open returns, however you don't get the lowest fare and usually have to pay a fee, except with an open return.

The cheaper fares tend not to be flexible, some cannot be changed at all.,
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Air Canada will let you move rtn date and airport for 150 CA as much as you want within 12 months of your 1st flight
Old Nov 5th 2011, 4:13 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex2201
Air Canada will let you move rtn date and airport for 150 CA as much as you want within 12 months of your 1st flight
This depends on the fare class. The traveler should find out the terms & conditions before purchasing if this is important to them.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

I fly cattle class but yes check with the airline