Flat tax?

Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:31 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flat tax?

Originally Posted by Bleepedy Bloops
20% across the board would do it.
As the Captain points out, that's not enough. 50% might work but that would represent an increase for most people and so is a hard sell.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:49 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Flat tax is simply a way to take money out of the pockets of the less wealthy and put it in the pockets of those who dont need it as much. I am against the idea.

Being a dyed in the wool bleedingheart liberal, sadly I believe the fortunate members of a society should be helping out the less fortunate, because in many respects "There but for the grace of God go I" and all that.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JonboyE
There is a problem with this approach. You create a whole class of people who have no stake in the income tax system, and who therefore create a demand for more government spending to be paid for by the income tax paying classes.
Only taxpayers should be allowed to vote so that non-taxpayers have no say over government spending. Problem solved.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JonboyE
I think he means provincial income tax.
This is what I thought was meant. Quote from the Ontario Budget.

The Budget also proposes a comprehensive tax reform package that includes moving to a single, value-added sales tax at a combined rate of 13 per cent on July 1, 2010. Over the next three years, the McGuinty government is proposing $10.6 billion in tax relief for people. This includes $4 billion in transitional cash payments as well as ongoing, permanent tax relief. Business taxes would also be cut by $4.5 billion over three years.