Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

fish hooks and other injuries

fish hooks and other injuries

Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default fish hooks and other injuries

At work today I noticed they have a special kit for removal of fish hooks, and in the past two days i have xrayed two of them, so its a pretty frequent occurrence. I thought it was typically Canadian and it made me smile

At college I am studying clinical coding and the Canadian version of the international codes has a special section on injuries caused by snow and ice, another one mentions hockey.

So I wondered it must happen in other jobs. what things have you found at work that typify Canada for you?

Oh and.....
--- if there are any cartographers out there, why the **** arent Canadian maps accurate?? Whats wrong with showing the bends in the road
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: fish hooks and other injuries

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
At work today I noticed they have a special kit for removal of fish hooks, and in the past two days i have xrayed two of them, so its a pretty frequent occurrence. I thought it was typically Canadian and it made me smile

At college I am studying clinical coding and the Canadian version of the international codes has a special section on injuries caused by snow and ice, another one mentions hockey.

So I wondered it must happen in other jobs. what things have you found at work that typify Canada for you?

Oh and.....
--- if there are any cartographers out there, why the **** arent Canadian maps accurate?? Whats wrong with showing the bends in the road

well in my limited experience here i would say it would be saying..*Sure*....when asked ..would you like a bag for them (items) etc...

i then started noticing that people say it a lot in other situations too.....sure sure sure!......

interesting about the fish-hooks! where are you..?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:40 am
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

I just took the Standard First Aid and CPR course last week provided by the Canadian Red Cross, and one section referred to "freeing parts of the body frozen to objects in the cold" i.e. kids tongues to railings.

Certainly never covered that in the UK.

(and the answer is..... not surprisingly use warm water to free it!)
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:20 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and.....
It's just one example of Canadians smoothing over any perceived imperfections in the country they are so rightly proud of!!!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 2:43 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
It's just one example of Canadians smoothing over any perceived imperfections in the country they are so rightly proud of!!!
That's a nice way of saying that the maps are outdated most likely due to government cutbacks in the 1990's.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:31 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
well in my limited experience here i would say it would be saying..*Sure*....when asked ..would you like a bag for them (items) etc...

i then started noticing that people say it a lot in other situations too.....sure sure sure!......

Found this while on our reccie in Saskatchewan.....one old guy my husband was talking to, about ice fishing, was particularly bad, and his answer to everything was "Yeah for sure".

Since we have came home anytime I ask my Oh a question this is how he replies and it cracks me up!!!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:48 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Computer systems are all set up to support multiple languages, that's less common in the US or the UK.

When American colleagues call, they bellow "Engrish" into the phone several times before speaking; a consequence of using the 411 service here.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alvic
Found this while on our reccie in Saskatchewan.....one old guy my husband was talking to, about ice fishing, was particularly bad, and his answer to everything was "Yeah for sure".

Since we have came home anytime I ask my Oh a question this is how he replies and it cracks me up!!!
heheee~
Old Jul 27th 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf

ontario, holiday cottage country