First Timer

Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Gary Castledine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First Timer

As a new member i apologise now for any mistakes. I have been in the process of collecting documents for the application and should hopefully be sending everything next week. I am dealing with a lawyer in Canada who is assisting us with the application. My question is, from sending the docs how long does it take to receive an acknowledgement and how long before a YES or NO answer?

PS We score 67!

Hope to speak soon.

Gary.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

DavidL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First Timer

Originally Posted by Gary Castledine
As a new member i apologise now for any mistakes. I have been in the process of collecting documents for the application and should hopefully be sending everything next week. I am dealing with a lawyer in Canada who is assisting us with the application. My question is, from sending the docs how long does it take to receive an acknowledgement and how long before a YES or NO answer?

PS We score 67!

Hope to speak soon.

Gary.
your not to far from us, i'm a west yorky, and if you look at members signatures theres a whole range of time differences.i believe CHC are quoting nearly 3 years from start to finish. It can be very frustrating waitng around, but if you use this site you will get some really good advice.....
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DavidL
your not to far from us, i'm a west yorky, and if you look at members signatures theres a whole range of time differences.i believe CHC are quoting nearly 3 years from start to finish. It can be very frustrating waitng around, but if you use this site you will get some really good advice.....
Thanks for the reply, i can't believe it takes so long. A friend of mine a police officer also, applied and emigrated last year, he moved over in 6 months. It would be nice to know that if you are requested to take medicals that you are on a winner. Did this response take about 3 months?

I have applied for numerous jobs in Canada without any reply (expected) Have you anything in mind or arranged prior?

Regards
Gary.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:32 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

PS We score 67!

Hope to speak soon.

Gary.
Gary

Applied in May 2005
Recieved AOR July 2005 ( approx 9 weeks after applying )

We are being quoted 30 months to process application

Welcome aboard the gravy train across the water to Canada

Hope this helps

Eddie
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:24 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

People just receiving their AOR's from London are being told not to expect further contact for 36 months, (yes 3 years!) now.

Add to that 8-10 weeks between application and acknowledgement, then another 3-6 months after you get sent for your medicals, before you get your visas! And that's if there are no hiccups!

I don't think we would even be doing it if the waits were that long when we started!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:28 am
Just beginning...

binturong is on a distinguished road

As a new member i apologise now for any mistakes.
If you go back to the main forum list and scroll down, you will find an 'immigration' section with another Canada folder. Questions about the immigration process are best posted in there, ones about lifestyle matters in here (there's a thread at the top of this folder - called 'Read me' - with more detail about what goes where).
Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Gary

Applied in May 2005
Recieved AOR July 2005 ( approx 9 weeks after applying )

We are being quoted 30 months to process application

Welcome aboard the gravy train across the water to Canada

Hope this helps

Eddie
Cheers Eddie and Morwenna for your replies, i'll post questions in the immigration section fron now on.

3 years, ahh well, i've started now.