Reload this Page >

First Steps! UK -> Canada

First Steps! UK -> Canada

Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:42 pm
Keep Calm & Carry On

broonn will become famous soon enoughbroonn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First Steps! UK -> Canada

Originally Posted by MR79
this is it, the final stage, can take anywhere between 2-8 months, hopefully should be done sooner rather than later, depends on how quick the checks are completed, documents are verefied and authenticity of your marriage....good luck and all the best mate...

MR79
Is that all that is done at this stage? Verification of documents? I can't imagine my case being more straight forward. Married by civil service in Manchester 3 years ago, clean police file, good health. God knows I laboured over the forms long enough for them to be crystal clear!

Thanks for the well wishing This board has helped me a whole bunch!
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

make sure medicals are all clear, verify documents, run background and security checks, read through forms to check marriage is guenuine and look at all your supporting documents...you should be ok......

MR79
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:53 am
Keep Calm & Carry On

OMG OMGOMGOMG

Someone take a look at this for me and tell me it's real :

Dear Applicant,

Please be advised that your file is now ready for visa issuance. Please refer to the attached document for further instructions.

Please forward your items to the following address:

PHEP Processing Unit
High Commission of Canada
Immigration Division
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA
United Kingdom

Alternatively, you may submit your items in person as listed in the attached document.

When issued, your visa will be valid until 17-04-2010.

If you have any problems opening the attachment, please contact us by return email.

Yours sincerely,

High Commission of Canada

IS THIS IT?!?!?!?! I Don't believe my eyes?!?!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by broonn
OMG OMGOMGOMG

Looks like it! CONGRATS!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Well done!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:59 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

OMG OMGOMGOMG

If it asks you to send some money via Western Union to access $5,000,000 given to you buy a friendly bank manager in Africa then i'd say no.

Although looking at the wording, it looks mightily familiar and right now you want to be treating yourself to a celebratory cup of tea.

Congrats!!!!!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 8:03 am
Keep Calm & Carry On

I wasn't expecting it till mid October. Bloody hell!!!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

cic London visa officers are working flat out at the moment handing out visa's...congrats and all the best..

MR79
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:54 pm
Keep Calm & Carry On

Originally Posted by el_richo
Although looking at the wording, it looks mightily familiar and right now you want to be treating yourself to a celebratory cup of tea.

Congrats!!!!!
Cheers mate. I noticed you mentioned the file ID number in the subject line of the email in another PPR thread.

The document I have doesn't say anything about putting the file id on the paperwork I send? Should I wait for a proper letter before sending anything?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:08 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers mate. I noticed you mentioned the file ID number in the subject line of the email in another PPR thread.

The document I have doesn't say anything about putting the file id on the paperwork I send? Should I wait for a proper letter before sending anything?
Hmm that's odd. I printed out the attachment in the email and it requested the File ID on the top left of the page where you fill out your name, address, passport number, etc. It's titled section 2.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:17 pm
Keep Calm & Carry On

Originally Posted by el_richo
Hmm that's odd. I printed out the attachment in the email and it requested the File ID on the top left of the page where you fill out your name, address, passport number, etc. It's titled section 2.
Ah yes, totally misread that due to excitement! So now I have 3 different ID's for my case? I guess file number = UK office generated, thus use it on the form. I totally wouldn't have know it was from the subject line. I can't rep you again sadly!!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:03 pm
Beep

Yeah so the file ID is in the subject line of your email beginning with B. Just plonk that in the correct box on the form with your details, send it off recorded with your passport and a self addressed envelope (don't have to prepay anything) and sit back and wait for your shiny visa.

Simples!!!

So chuffed for you.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:33 pm
Keep Calm & Carry On

Passport was posted on the 15th of August.
Came back today with a nice new sticker.

Thanks for the help everyone!!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:37 pm
Beep

Passport was posted on the 15th of August.
Came back today with a nice new sticker.

Thanks for the help everyone!!
Congrats
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:39 pm
Keep Calm & Carry On

I do actually have one last query. They haven't used my sponsor's current address on the letter I give to migration, they've used a previous one!

Anyone have a clue how I sort that out? The only number we have is some automatised line that is little use!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.