Reload this Page >

First Job interview, First job

First Job interview, First job

Old Sep 28th 2012, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First Job interview, First job

Hey everyone.

I arrived in Calgary on the 5th of September.

Lucky enough i have been staying with friends who have helped with all the logistics but up to now i have my Alberta health care card, a car and insurance, social security, a bank account, i move in to an apartment on Monday.

This week i started emailing a few jobs from job bank and kijiji, i had a job interview at 11 this morning and he offered me the job there and then. I start monday.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: First Job interview, First job

Good for you!

Whatcha' gonna' be doin'?
Old Sep 29th 2012, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks.

Electrician. I know it'll be slightly different but looking forward to it!
Old Sep 29th 2012, 1:28 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerseytocanada
Thanks.

very well done. Presumably you have to write your Red Seal exam ?
Old Sep 29th 2012, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Are you going as a 4th year apprentice till you speed up,
Old Sep 29th 2012, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Congrats!
I landed in Calgary Wednesday night. Im just in the process of looking for a vehicle..
May I ask how much rent your paying for a apartment & which side of the city..?
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:58 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Hopefully you are up to date on the code and regs? Otherwise a Calgary "Mike Holmes" might get on your case
Old Sep 29th 2012, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Yup 4th year apprentice.

Bought a land rover as i have had a few at home and know a bit about them.

Insurance is $2000 without no claims or $1000 if i can get my 7+ year no claims changed in to a Canadian format (ex insurance company not willing to help)

Basement apartment (we really didn't want a basement) but really bright and massive ceilings with windows at standard height in Crowfoot NW $900 all utilities included

And Job in Cochrane so don't have the rat run in the morning.

The only thing Mike Homes is good for is a tv show.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

hellcats is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on the job and the new life.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 2:01 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Yup 4th year apprentice.

Bought a land rover as i have had a few at home and know a bit about them.

Insurance is $2000 without no claims or $1000 if i can get my 7+ year no claims changed in to a Canadian format (ex insurance company not willing to help)

Basement apartment (we really didn't want a basement) but really bright and massive ceilings with windows at standard height in Crowfoot NW $900 all utilities included

And Job in Cochrane so don't have the rat run in the morning.

The only thing Mike Homes is good for is a tv show.
Yeah...bet you won't say that if you needed your house fixing and he showed up?
Old Oct 1st 2012, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

What did you do in the UK if you don't mind me asking - you said it's a bit different. We're hoping to move to Cochrane and my husband is an industrial electrician....

Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 2:02 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

you mean you took the first job that was offered to you without testing the market
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 2:04 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Yeah...bet you won't say that if you needed your house fixing and he showed up?
Nice one!