Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

First Few Days in Toronto

Wikiposts

First Few Days in Toronto

Old Mar 10th 2012, 11:17 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Few Days in Toronto

Originally Posted by dbd33
Does this quality trolling seem familiar? Writing of America and how the bankers are, in fact, the salt of the earth:

"Now, however, whilst people attack bankers and the elite as having lost the moral compass, the exact opposite is true, it is the underclass where you see most divorce, violent crime and long term habitual unemployment.

Therefore the argument that economic deprivation has caused this decay of the working class is hard to believe, if one looks back at the past when they had even lower incomes yet were not really as much in decline as they are now."

"It is not just appearance of course, it is an increase in violent crime, divorce rates, family breakdown, an increase in long term unemployment.

This is 30% of the US population.

And we are no better of in Germany or the UK."(sic)

http://talk.notthetalk.com/discussion/top/11430
Quality indeed. Logosquo at the moment then? He's going around in ever diminishing circles: no doubt he'll soon be sucked up is own ass.

Good God, he's been at it for at least 13 years!
Old Mar 10th 2012, 12:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Good God, he's been at it for at least 13 years!
It's intresting, at first I'm inclined to thing "thirteen years of posing as a Nazi nutter, he must have become the nutter by now" but I've been in Canada for decades, at work I'm obliged to pretend to be Republican and a conservative one at that, but I'm not, I just say the right thing when I'm there. I don't know why Quo does the Nazi schtick three nights a week, it's odd, but I don't think it's worse than odd.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 1:37 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It's intresting, at first I'm inclined to thing "thirteen years of posing as a Nazi nutter, he must have become the nutter by now" but I've been in Canada for decades, at work I'm obliged to pretend to be Republican and a conservative one at that, but I'm not, I just say the right thing when I'm there. I don't know why Quo does the Nazi schtick three nights a week, it's odd, but I don't think it's worse than odd.
I'm not sure. He's very well educated on the minutia of Nazism and obviously fascinated by a lot of it. We all do parody to get a point across, but after a decade or more of the same guise, although probably dozens of usernames by now, can he be completely sane?

I think I know you well enough to opine that your "persona" on here (and on there in those days) is closer to the truth than whatever you have to pretend to make money, but if not, perhaps you could start posting in approval of Harper or one of the indistinguishably awful Republican contenders for the presidency down there.

Edit: p.s. what on Earth is this thread about in the first place?

Last edited by Novocastrian; Mar 10th 2012 at 1:40 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 2:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I know you well enough to opine that your "persona" on here (and on there in those days) is closer to the truth than whatever you have to pretend to make money,
Well, yes, I started posting on GU, yonks ago, because I had no outlet for my opinions amongst the people I dealt with in real life. Now it matters much less, my revenue stream isn't much connected with Canada, so I can be open about my opinions. Opinions, which, I have to say, generally wouldn't shock the Harrow branch of the Mother's Union. They're just a but radical for the colonies.

but if not, perhaps you could start posting in approval of Harper or one of the indistinguishably awful Republican contenders for the presidency down there.
I see Harper and Santorum as being very close indeed. I assume Harper and Romney would quickly come to blows over who's prophet is falser than whose.

The thread started on what tedious task to do first in Toronto, find a dentist or a good place for a Brazilian.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 2:47 pm
Born again atheist

Opinions, which, I have to say, generally wouldn't shock the Harrow branch of the Mother's Union. They're just a but radical for the colonies.
While not being all that familiar with that branch, I think you might just be overestimating the shock-proof-ness of said Union.

I see Harper and Santorum as being very close indeed. I assume Harper and Romney would quickly come to blows over who's prophet is falser than whose.

The thread started on what tedious task to do first in Toronto, find a dentist or a good place for a Brazilian.
I'll take your word. I can't tell them apart myself.

BTW there's a very nice Brazilian in a Markham hotel at the moment, would you like a phone number?
Old Mar 11th 2012, 12:27 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

The BBQ Hut? Yes, the ideal thing is live within their delivery area, most of the Beach counts.

The reason for suggesting the tram is that it'll go past, or near, Chinatown, Little Italy, Koreatown, the Brazilian bit, Little Portugal, Chinatown East and so on. Someone travelling by tram could have a butcher's at and maybe jump off and poke around, any of these safe, potentially interesting, areas. High Park's a bit sterile, being historically dry, but there are lots of lively places within reach.
I thought the best way to see Toronto was on the Subway.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 12:30 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I thought the best way to see Toronto was on the Subway.
When it turns up of course.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JamesM
When it turns up of course.
i never thought i ever say agree with your comment but i do!

i moved to Toronto 8 - 9 years ago and the subway was great,a train like every 2 mins, now i can wait 10 mins+ in rush hour with not a single announcement on what the delay is .... oh well its still better than where i was born hahaha ( Newcastle)