Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

first day of school!!

first day of school!!

Old Sep 1st 2004, 5:34 pm
manc born and bred

michele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default first day of school!!

Well my girls started school today for the first time and it was all very emotional The girls were both really nervous and had a little cry which set off Dean and me they are only in 1/2 a day today and I'm hoping they have made some friends and have been o.k Have been counting the minuted until I pick them up which is'nt too long now, they had done their first year in school in England and they loved school there but it was a lot harder today saying goodbye to them as it was in u.k, it's only the first day so I'm hoping they settle in because we came here to give them a better life so it's really important that they like it, I'm sure they will though and at least they have each other. Well off to pick them up in a mo will keep you posted how they go on!!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: first day of school!!

I to hope they made out OK. The first day of school is usually emotional anyway so it will be doublely hard for them not knowing anyone and everything being so brand new. I hope they make out ok.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Corky
I to hope they made out OK. The first day of school is usually emotional anyway so it will be doublely hard for them not knowing anyone and everything being so brand new. I hope they make out ok.
And then you'll get to the end of the holidays in a couple of years time and you'll be kicking them out of the door to go the beginning of September!!!!..my 2 have decided that they hate each other and are too bored to even think about more time at home now!!!!lol
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:25 pm
manc born and bred

michele is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukjo
And then you'll get to the end of the holidays in a couple of years time and you'll be kicking them out of the door to go the beginning of September!!!!..my 2 have decided that they hate each other and are too bored to even think about more time at home now!!!!lol
Well i picked them up and they had a great day can't wait to go back tomorrow so I'm really pleased, now they are driving me crazy again roll on tomorrow!!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

railman is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm pleased that your girls had a great day at school. I have heard that in Canada the education is one year behind ours in England so they keep the children back a year to keep them in with their same age group. Is that right? How long do they do half days?

Take care
Diane

Originally Posted by michele
Well i picked them up and they had a great day can't wait to go back tomorrow so I'm really pleased, now they are driving me crazy again roll on tomorrow!!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I knew it would turn out OK.

Years ago when my friend's daughter was about 9 - she phoned me at lunch time - I don't know what I am going to do. Emily has been separated from all her friends. They are all in a different class. The teacher is terrible. Emily came home at lunch time crying because she didn't want to go back to school in the afternoon.

After school, she phoned me again - Emily loves school. The girls in her class are wonderful. The teacher is a gem!!!

That's how kids are - the first day they cry because they don't want to go. The second day they cry because they have to come home!!

At least the little ones do. My granddaughter seemed most impressed because they have a new teacher and she will let them chew gum in class!!!

Now isn't that just ducky???