firefighter

Old Jun 29th 2008, 5:41 am
Just Joined

EMCCGERS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default firefighter

Hi iam a firefighter from glasgow and was wondering what the chances are to immigrate to canada and find employment.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 5:56 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: firefighter

Hello, EMCCGERS, and welcome to the BE forum.

I'm sorry, but I think your chances of getting into Canada are between zero and none.

Please see the response that I provided in the Investigators in Calgary thread.

A firefighter is #6262 on the National Occupational Classification Code.

Check all the lists of Occupations under Pressure, but I don't think you'll find firefighters on any of them. (I have looked at some, but not all, of the lists.)

Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself in this explanation. In order to understand what I've said, it might help if you'd first read the Wiki article called Quick Guide to Canadian Immigration.

Hope that helps.
x
Old Jun 29th 2008, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

md5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nice

Hi,

I have just returned from the london expo were i had an interesting chat with the Calgary city rep. She has given me an email address to send my CV to so that they can build a group of people who have an interest in going so they can make a case for hiring from outside. As usual it is a money saving thing to hire us saves them a complete training programme.

The only thing i would qualify this with is that my wife is an in demand occupation and i would be able to go as her OH and the woman said it would give me an extra pull towards a job there.

Also even if they are collecting names it could be years away before policy changes. I will email the address to you tomorrow as the kids are driving me nuts at the moment.

Where in glasgow are you i was on the BW at Govan before i moved back to London

Mark
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:55 am
Just Joined

EMCCGERS is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that you mark son of mick its eric from blue watch pollok if so good to here from you.Any info regards canada please send mate.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud ofNikki Ian has much to be proud of

Hi there,

It may help to work out what part of canada you are looking for, in alberta for example, fire in edmonton & calgary ect do just fire, anywhere else fire also do EMS so you needed to be trained & qualified in canadian standards to both Fire (12 weeks) & EMT( 1-2yrs) before they will take you on. I have not seen any service offering to take you on & train you. They all expect you to pay for your own training first and it is not a job that is in such a huge demand that they need to look outside canada for people,

The only other way would be to work in the oil/gas sites but that depends if you have any special skills & qualifcations in the industrial field.

hope this helps