Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Finance for new residents - is it truly impossible?!

Finance for new residents - is it truly impossible?!

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Finance for new residents - is it truly impossible?!

Every advert I see on TV seems to say "not available in Quebec"

When we first landed in Ontario, every store I talked to wanted my family over there to be guarantors. We couldn't even rent somewhere to live (how times have changed)

When we finally gave up and moved to Alberta, all we really had to do was wave money under their noses and they suddenly liked us

I think it's all down to the province you're looking at - the less people voluntarily moving there, the more flexible they can be.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finance for new residents - is it truly impossible?!

Another thing that may help is a letter of good conduct from your bank in the UK - That allowed me to put down a 5 % deposit on my mortgage rather than the 35% they first demanded