Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Finally sold the house !!

Finally sold the house !!

Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Griff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud ofGriff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Finally sold the house !!

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
Feels great - I'm just hoping I'll be able to "view" houses under all that snow - Mrs DTLE very brave letting me do so all on my lonesome - still I guess it will give her carte blance to blame me for a long time if I get it wrong :scared:
I just keep telling myself house buying can never be as frustrating as it is in the UK
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations... HUGE sigh of relief I bet!!! Goodluck with the house hunting!!! We are still waiting for our house sale to complete over here so know how you feel... hopefully will be us in a couple of weeks if they stop dragging their feet!! And we STILL waiting for LMO!! EEK!! sure will all come good in the end!!!
ENJOY!!!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahad
Congratulations... HUGE sigh of relief I bet!!! Goodluck with the house hunting!!! We are still waiting for our house sale to complete over here so know how you feel... hopefully will be us in a couple of weeks if they stop dragging their feet!! And we STILL waiting for LMO!! EEK!! sure will all come good in the end!!!
ENJOY!!!
Many thanks - best of luck with house sale and LMO - our wait for PPR is slowly killing me
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Investor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud of

Many thanks - best of luck with house sale and LMO - our wait for PPR is slowly killing me

Hi DTLE we seem to be in the same position, have got a buyer for the house but still no ppr. Congrats to you. Can't be much longer can it?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:00 am
Just Joined

margaret is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Finally sold the house !!

Nice one. We live in Okotoks which is just south of Calgary and love it. Been here 8 months, would never go back, even though its -14 haha.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:27 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

After 2 false starts we finally sold the house.

Second "sale" fell through a day before exchange was due so I didn't want to count my chickens on this one until contracts had been signed.

Sold to a cash buyer who offered more than the previous 2 so... every cloud and all that

Short trip to Calgary is planned for later this month/early next month to buy a house - market has come back to buyers recently so the delay has actually worked in our favour.

Just need PPR now

COME ON CHC
Congratulations! You must have bitten your nails down to your elbows with the all the stress you've had to go through with previous sales falling through. Glad you get extra £s - look at it as compensation for all you've been through, you deserve it!

Good luck to anyone else who is in the process, its certainly not for the faint-hearted but will be worth it in the end.

Think we all need one of these Cheers
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Glad you get extra £s - look at it as compensation for all you've been through, you deserve it!

Good luck to anyone else who is in the process, its certainly not for the faint-hearted but will be worth it in the end.

Think we all need one of these Cheers
I'll second that

Silly thing is things are starting to look way too good - exchange rate has moved in our favour, houses prices in Calgary have fallen slightly, sold the house for more money - what's going to go wrong then ??
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by margaret
Nice one. We live in Okotoks which is just south of Calgary and love it. Been here 8 months, would never go back, even though its -14 haha.
Definately haven't ruled Okotoks out - particularly if we could get in Crystal Shores (we have young kids so lake would be fantastic). The only real issue is that I will be working downtown so daily trip might be less than perfect.

Glad you like it there
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of

Congrats DLTE!

Another one of the summer medicals crowd that is nearly there.......
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:02 am
Just Joined

margaret is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately haven't ruled Okotoks out - particularly if we could get in Crystal Shores (we have young kids so lake would be fantastic). The only real issue is that I will be working downtown so daily trip might be less than perfect.

Glad you like it there
Okotoks is great. We also live in crystalshores and my husband works on 61st st which takes about half hour to get to work which is not too bad. I have just opened a dayhome and have 2 part time kids coming so get to stay home with my 3 year old. Its great here when are you thinking of coming over?.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by margaret
Okotoks is great. We also live in crystalshores and my husband works on 61st st which takes about half hour to get to work which is not too bad. I have just opened a dayhome and have 2 part time kids coming so get to stay home with my 3 year old. Its great here when are you thinking of coming over?.
Probably end of November/early December - I will have to pop in for a frozen drink or two
Old Nov 4th 2006, 4:16 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

CONGRATS
SO PLEASED FOR YOU.

KELLY