Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Finally made it to Citizenship!

Finally made it to Citizenship!

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of
Default Finally made it to Citizenship!

Well, five and a half years since landing here on our adventure I'm now a Canadian. Did the test/ceremony in Calgary last Friday (one year start to finish). I'm now no longer the only non-Canadian in our household. Feels great to close the last page on this chapter. Once the passport application is done I can wave goodbye to stupid amounts of paperwork around the house and move on with life. Just to prove there IS a light at the end of the tunnel....and also just to gloat really.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 12:54 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally made it to Citizenship!

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
Well, five and a half years since landing here on our adventure I'm now a Canadian. Did the test/ceremony in Calgary last Friday (one year start to finish). I'm now no longer the only non-Canadian in our household. Feels great to close the last page on this chapter. Once the passport application is done I can wave goodbye to stupid amounts of paperwork around the house and move on with life. Just to prove there IS a light at the end of the tunnel....and also just to gloat really.
Congrats. Similarly I'm no longer the only non-Canadian in our house since Dec 13th last year. I do point out to the Mrs (who is the born Canadian) that she's now the only one without dual nationality - as both the kids and I have it!
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats. Did you see Flossie & Jim at the ceremony?
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 9:33 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

(if it helps to place us, we were the ones whose two year old loudly exclaimed that she needed a poo right in the middle of the ceremony!)
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Congrats. Similarly I'm no longer the only non-Canadian in our house since Dec 13th last year. I do point out to the Mrs (who is the born Canadian) that she's now the only one without dual nationality - as both the kids and I have it!

We mix it up in our house, husband has one, I have two, son has three.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gad33
We mix it up in our house, husband has one, I have two, son has three.
I have 4, wife has 3, four kids all have 4.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Congratulations!

(if it helps to place us, we were the ones whose two year old loudly exclaimed that she needed a poo right in the middle of the ceremony!)
Ha. We had a similar incident. My little boy was wearing a Flames jersey. He is obsessed with trucks right now but pronounces the word truck, 'cock'. He started to shout 'big cock' multiple times during a quiet part of the ceremony and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry (we laughed). We sat against the picture wall at the front on the right hand side of the room. I think I worked out who you were but didn't get chance to say hello. I was wondering who in there might be BE regulars.

Congrats yourselves!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
Congratulations
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim

What with shouting poo and big cocks, what a classy Brit outing for you all.

(and OMG, two already?!)
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:39 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
what a classy Brit outing for you all.
Well, you can always count on the Brits to raise the bar at special events