Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Finally got c'ship test letter

Finally got c'ship test letter

Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:26 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally got c'ship test letter

The good news: Got the letter yesterday for my citizenship test/interview in Vancouver.

The bad news: I'm in Toronto that day.

eff. eff. eff. eff. eff. effing. eff eff.

Last edited by ExKiwilass; Jun 9th 2011 at 5:29 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:32 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally got c'ship test letter

How is that possible, you applied after me...
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:38 pm

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Which office is yours at? Mine is in Vancouver.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:42 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Calgary, but someone else posted from Okotoks that they applied on April 11th last year and took the test on May 5th this year. I applied on April 30th last year (they received it on May 2nd).

When did you say you applied again? You'd think that Vancouver would be slower, not faster.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_
Calgary, but someone else posted from Okotoks that they applied on April 11th last year and took the test on May 5th this year. I applied on April 30th last year (they received it on May 2nd).

When did you say you applied again? You'd think that Vancouver would be slower, not faster.
I can't remember exactly. I think they received it in April sometime.

Called the 1888 number and there is no way to re-schedule, which is fair I suppose. Has anyone missed their first test date? The guy I spoke to said they would automatically note I hadn't turned up and then send out another letter for another time, but who knows how long that will take.

And of course the vancouver office has no phone. ha ha.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:46 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

CTV Calgary piece from September 23rd last year.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:47 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

They told me it wasn't a problem to reschedule. I guess that was a lie.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:49 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by Steve_P
CTV Calgary piece from September 23rd last year.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome
It says 15-19 months on their website. I don't think this is the issue, I spoke to CIC they said when it goes to "in process" that doesn't mean it has been sent to the local office until it says on their website specifically it has been. Mine hasn't been. Assuming that information is correct, but they also told me you could reschedule the test, and apparently you can't.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:50 pm

They told me it wasn't a problem to reschedule. I guess that was a lie.
Yeah. Techncially it isn't a problem...it's just incredibly long winded and you have no control over it. OH, bureaucracy. Basically you can't reschedule over the phone. YOu 'reschedule" by not turning up to your test. They note this, and then send out a new letter with a new time. Annoying because if they knew NOW, they could maybe give my slot to someone else and I could get another one.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:50 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
Okay, so you applied a few weeks before me, I shall wait and see...
Old Jun 9th 2011, 6:03 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

You know I really should check my mailbox before replying to threads like this,

The letter says I'm scheduled to take the test on June 28th at 8am. Crazy we got our letters within a day of each other, I blame the strike. 8am? How much money do you want to bet I sit there for 1-2 hours before I take the test?
Old Jun 9th 2011, 6:27 pm

mine said 8:16 am which seems weirdly specific
Old Jun 9th 2011, 6:45 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass

Called the 1888 number and there is no way to re-schedule, which is fair I suppose. Has anyone missed their first test date? The guy I spoke to said they would automatically note I hadn't turned up and then send out another letter for another time, but who knows how long that will take.

And of course the vancouver office has no phone. ha ha.
I applied sometime back last year and got invited for the test on March 10th when I was in Washington DC on business. Rang the 1888 number and as per your experience, they told me there was no official way to reschedule. You just miss the test and eventually they ask you back again. Daft system if you ask me and since St. John's is a small place and the CIC office is not far away from work, I called in there and explained that I wouldn't be able to make it. They seemed pleased that I'd taken the trouble, either than or they were just humouring me.

I still do not have a new date. I rang the call centre Monday to enquire whether I'd missed a letter or something and they said 'no, we haven't invited you to a second test yet'. Gotta love CIC and processing times.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I applied sometime back last year and got invited for the test on March 10th when I was in Washington DC on business. Rang the 1888 number and as per your experience, they told me there was no official way to reschedule. You just miss the test and eventually they ask you back again. Daft system if you ask me and since St. John's is a small place and the CIC office is not far away from work, I called in there and explained that I wouldn't be able to make it. They seemed pleased that I'd taken the trouble, either than or they were just humouring me.

I still do not have a new date. I rang the call centre Monday to enquire whether I'd missed a letter or something and they said 'no, we haven't invited you to a second test yet'. Gotta love CIC and processing times.
Ugh. Thanks for that Altantic, it confirms my worst fears

Hope you get your letter soon.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 10:58 pm
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

That would be me

Did the test, and last week received letter confirming Ceremony on June 23rd at 8am. Yes 8am. What kind of time is that for a ceremony....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.