Finally!

Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:26 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally!

Without getting involved in the various debates on selling houses at the moment, I just need to have a quick......

WOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because I completed the sale of my house in UK today. Almost 1 year since going on the market and 10 months after I moved to Canada. The feeling of relief not to have to worry about two mortgages is incredible.

Now all I have to do is lament the collapse in exchange rates since May when it was first sold. But there's bugger all I can do about that so I'm not going to spend much time on it and think about celebrating instead!

AX
Old Sep 28th 2005, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally!

Hooray!!!!!

What a relief for you and just think what you can do with all that money you'll be saving! Lol. I'll help you spend it if you like
Old Sep 28th 2005, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

themadstans is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Without getting involved in the various debates on selling houses at the moment, I just need to have a quick......

WOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because I completed the sale of my house in UK today. Almost 1 year since going on the market and 10 months after I moved to Canada. The feeling of relief not to have to worry about two mortgages is incredible.

AX
Well done. What a relief for you. Must have been a nightmare. I think you deserve a beer! Think I'll join you
Old Sep 28th 2005, 5:07 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

WOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all I have to do is lament the collapse in exchange rates since May when it was first sold. But there's bugger all I can do about that so I'm not going to spend much time on it and think about celebrating instead!

AX
Congratulations XP, do you have a Uk bank account still? you could put the money in ther and sit on it until the rate goes back up (if you can afford to)
a bit risky i know but they can't go down much more and are very likely to go back up.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 6:36 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

WOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AX
Great news well done
Old Sep 28th 2005, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. We know how it feels, we were waiting for 12 months to complete following the initial offer. Dont even think about the exchange rate, it'll drive you crazy. Enjoy your

SAW 04

WOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AX
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:06 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Congratulations XP, do you have a Uk bank account still? you could put the money in ther and sit on it until the rate goes back up (if you can afford to)
a bit risky i know but they can't go down much more and are very likely to go back up.
Yeah, I can afford to leave a good part of it in my UK bank account. Need to do the maths of interest in UK on savings (greater than interest in Canada) vs interest on mortgage vs what is going to happen to the exchange rate and when! Its a nicer problem than worrying about paying the mortgage in UK from an income in Canada!

FWIW we are going through our budgetting cycle at work & exchange rate predictions (based alledgedly on bank predictions) are for 2.1 to the GBP for the balance of 05 and into 06 rising to 2.2 by the end of the year. Not the best news & who knows whether its right or not!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:17 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

who knows whether its right or not!

Whatever the experts opinion it's still going to be a calculated risk. Of course if you had unlimited time to sit on it, there's very little risk, because it will eventually rise at some point.

best of luck to you all.