Fast PR Card

Old Mar 16th 2005, 3:40 pm
Glaswegian

Default Fast PR Card

Anyone got any experience of the fastest way to get a PR card??

Old Mar 16th 2005, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast PR Card

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Mr B's was posted in Calgary on Monday at 1600h and arrived at our front door today at 1200h. You can tell Royal Mail didn't have their hands on it Shame we weren't in to receive it though, Who knows where it is now...

Took from Fri 18 Feb (landing) until Friday 11 Mar to get to Calgary. Is that fast enough?

Or did you mean PR visa, and my excited drivel at the prospect of seeing the goofy picture Mr B will be forced to show every official for the forseeable future has been in vain?!

Biiiiink
Old Mar 16th 2005, 4:26 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
How fast do you need it? There is always the alternate of a travel document if you really need to travel fast.

I guess you have read this...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pr%2Dca...ent-cases.html
Old Mar 16th 2005, 4:54 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by iaink
How fast do you need it? There is always the alternate of a travel document if you really need to travel fast.

I guess you have read this...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pr%2Dca...ent-cases.html
I did ... on the one hand, there's what CIC say ... then there's reality ... sometimes the two don't match.

Old Mar 16th 2005, 4:56 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Took from Fri 18 Feb (landing) until Friday 11 Mar to get to Calgary. Is that fast enough?
It's meant to be a bit slower for us old lags ... I think I need the urgent option.

Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

I am totally confused now.

If I land within a week in Quebec, how long would it take for me to get the PR card. I can't figure it out from the link posted above.

Thanks,
Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prodigyking
I am totally confused now.

If I land within a week in Quebec, how long would it take for me to get the PR card. I can't figure it out from the link posted above.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...-in.html#table - scroll to the bottom of that page:-

Newly-arriving Permanent Residents (once Canadian mailing address is provided) CPC Sydney 30 days
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...-in.html#table - scroll to the bottom of that page:-

Newly-arriving Permanent Residents (once Canadian mailing address is provided) CPC Sydney 30 days

Yeah, and who is CPC Sydney? Is this Sydney, Australia, or is there another Sydney in Canada?

I really wish that you are right, and I will only have to wait 30 days...

Thanks,
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:48 pm
Glaswegian

Yeah, and who is CPC Sydney? Is this Sydney, Australia, or is there another Sydney in Canada?
For sure, it's Sydney, Australia ... didn't you know CIC moved to Oz because they couldn't take the winters in Nova Scotia??

PR Card Processing Centre
P.O. Box 10020
Sydney NS
B1P 7C1
CANADA

Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:51 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Or if a British citizen, Air Canada seem to say on their website that they will let you board a Canada bound flight with passport plus IMM1000. Check to make sure this has not changed recently.

Jeremy
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I really wish that you are right, and I will only have to wait 30 days...

Thanks,

You're not the only one who doesn't know your Sydneys, look at what happened to these idiots http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2172858.stm