Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Fantasy Hockey

Fantasy Hockey

Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

NewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really nice
Default Fantasy Hockey

Does anyone know any good on-line fantasy hockey leagues to join?

I've looked at yahoo and it looks good but I wondered if anyone else has more experience of these things?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:18 am
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fantasy Hockey

Originally Posted by NewWorldMan
Does anyone know any good on-line fantasy hockey leagues to join?

I've looked at yahoo and it looks good but I wondered if anyone else has more experience of these things?
I don't personally but one of my best friends is very up on it so if I get to speak to him before he goes off to work for a few weeks i'll let you know. Although - don't count on it cos he's a pain in the but to get hold of!! LOL

But thanks for thread cos you reminded me I wanted to play it this year - you got a real team you support? I'm a Flames girl with the Oilers as my adopted home team (cos we're moving to Edmonton)
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:10 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Why/how is that sport so violent? Are the punchups as regular as the icehockey Sims you get on your Xbox would have you believe?

Me, I get associative with things like ice, and skates, and suchlike and all I see is graceful arcs and pretty twirls. Not brawls and hardcore bodychecks into walls .
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

Originally Posted by windward
Why/how is that sport so violent? Are the punchups as regular as the icehockey Sims you get on your Xbox would have you believe?
Yep- violent- a way for really lovely kind and considerate Canadians to get rid of their angst.
Here is the perfect link:
www.hockeyfighter.com
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Liana
Yep- violent- a way for really lovely kind and considerate Canadians to get rid of their angst.
www.hockeyfighter.com

Exactly. My usually calm, patient and very rational husband jim plays regularly in a pick-up hockey league. He got an elbow in the ribs so hard a couple of weeks ago that he can hardly move and wont be playing hockey for at least another two weeks.

Now before you start feeling sorry for the guy, this elbow was in retaliation for a body check into the boards that jim did to some guy a few weeks ago!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

Originally Posted by willmore
Exactly. My usually calm, patient and very rational husband jim plays regularly in a pick-up hockey league. He got an elbow in the ribs so hard a couple of weeks ago that he can hardly move and wont be playing hockey for at least another two weeks.

Now before you start feeling sorry for the guy, this elbow was in retaliation for a body check into the boards that jim did to some guy a few weeks ago!

Nice to hear someone else agrees with me- I usually have to keep very quiet about my feelings about Canadian ice hockey,hey and I was the captain of my county field hockey team and I skate, so seeing such great skills put together always amazes me at the Olympics, but not the NHL.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nice to hear someone else agrees with me- I usually have to keep very quiet about my feelings about Canadian ice hockey,hey and I was the captain of my county field hockey team and I skate, so seeing such great skills put together always amazes me at the Olympics, but not the NHL.

PMSL - Im very very vocal about my feelings about violence and hockey. Jim is fully padded (or whatever its called) when he plays and I make him wear a full face helmet. The same goes for my little girl and boy - either completely padded and full face helmet or no hockey - and these kids are suppose to have no-contact! :scared:
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 2:57 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL - Im very very vocal about my feelings about violence and hockey. Jim is fully padded (or whatever its called) when he plays and I make him wear a full face helmet. The same goes for my little girl and boy - either completely padded and full face helmet or no hockey - and these kids are suppose to have no-contact! :scared:
Being an Oilers fan you will know all about fantasy hockey won't you Sue?
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 4:18 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by windward
Why/how is that sport so violent?
Yeah, it's great, aint it? I absolutely love hockey fights. I hate violence in real life but watching a few millionaires with access to top-notch medical care beat the crap out of one another behind plexiglass is a thing a beauty!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 4:20 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

www.hockeyfighter.com
Obviously not a real fan cos http://www.hockeyfights.com/ is where it's at.

Old Sep 2nd 2006, 9:28 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Yeah, it's great, aint it? I absolutely love hockey fights. I hate violence in real life but watching a few millionaires with access to top-notch medical care beat the crap out of one another behind plexiglass is a thing a beauty!
Exactly!! I am so not an advocate of violence and can't bear boxing or whatever but there is just something so great about hockey fights.... gives the sport a real fun edge.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ki76
Exactly!! I am so not an advocate of violence and can't bear boxing or whatever but there is just something so great about hockey fights.... gives the sport a real fun edge.

As long as jim doesnt come home and expect sympathy and first-aid from me!
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 4:37 am
Bright light!!

As long as jim doesnt come home and expect sympathy and first-aid from me!
LOL, but surely it's all very grrrrr and manly and they all scorn the first aid and sympathy??
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

It was Todd Bertuzzi breaking Steve Moore's neck that contributed to my moving away from supporting the sport and the ultimate shock was having Bertuzzi in Team Canada at the Olympics. I think there are some very nice people that play hockey- several professional friends do that - but there are some awful white trash contributors to the game-OOPS- the same with many sports.
Can't believe I am hearing the Brits like the fighting on the rink
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:14 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Can't believe I am hearing the Brits like the fighting on the rink
Hmm.. Doesn't do it for me :| I am more than likely far too repressed however and I don't see anything wrong with enjoying it. Beats watching posers in spandex playfight eachother in a 'wrestling' ring.

.lol. I have been to 'one' ice hockey match, in Germany in actual fact, they love it there; and I took a book (a good one), but I plead being young and not knowing any better. Not a chance I'd be stupid enough to try that in Canada

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.