Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Famous Canadians

Famous Canadians

Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:05 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Famous Canadians

Originally Posted by willmore
No BC ferries is now officiallly declaring them missing or dead.....
That's very sad but really, it could have been so very much worse. Hopefully they are found, either way.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
That's very sad but really, it could have been so very much worse. Hopefully they are found, either way.

True - its terrible though for this type of accident to have to happen for them to start looking at getting a new ferry for that run!

That's why I really hope they get held responsible for their lack of action!

Last edited by willmore; Mar 24th 2006 at 7:21 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
OMG, Ro, until this point in the discussion, I'd managed to forget the odious Barbara Amiel, but your mentioning Conrad reminds me of her.

Since we're scraping the barrel, I'm also reminded of David Frum who, as Bush's speech writer, coined the term "Axis of Evil" to refer to Iraq, Iran and North Korea.
Ah, nice one! Is David Frum Barbara Frum's son?

More scrappings'...

Ben Johnson
Karla Homolka
Paul Bernardo (maybe not)
Ernst Zundle sp?
Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

More scrappings'...

Ben Johnson
Karla Homolka
Ernst Zundle sp?
Mark Steyn.

The Khadr Family.

Last edited by dbd33; Mar 24th 2006 at 7:33 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:48 pm

James Doohan
Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice

Yes

More scrappings'...
Ben Johnson
Karla Homolka
Ernst Zundle sp?
I think the OP mentioned Ben Johnson also - I didn't realize he was still world famous? I thought his moment of shame would have been forgotten long ago.

This site is dedicated to Canadians who have become famous internationally - fill your boots...
http://www.canadians.ca/
Also has top 10 Canadian inventions - I never knew a Canadian invented the zipper!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:58 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnyaT
Yes

I think the OP mentioned Ben Johnson also - I didn't realize he was still world famous? I thought his moment of shame would have been forgotten long ago.

This site is dedicated to Canadians who have become famous internationally - fill your boots...
http://www.canadians.ca/
Also has top 10 Canadian inventions - I never knew a Canadian invented the zipper!
On the front page, that site lists :

Avril Lavigne
Holly McNarland
Diana Krall
Tuuli
Treble Charger
Fawnia Mondey
Kristin Kreuk
Jaime Koeppe
Daniella Evangelista
Julie Kryk
Captain Canuck
Rachel Roberts
Guglielmo Marconi
Jessica Steen
Scott Thompson
Victoria Pratt
Molly Parker
Cree Summer
Tom Cavanagh
Elias Koteas
Steppenwolf
Greg Moore
Howie Mandel
Marshall McLuhan
Ginette Reno
Eric Schweig
Jane Siberry
Norma Shearer
Meg Tilly
Barenaked Ladies
Blue Rodeo
Cowboy Junkies

so, rather than limiting themselves to the famous, I think they've listed every Canadian.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by AnyaT
Well, it only took me the time it took for me to read from page one!

Christopher Plummer (not a barrel scrapping - just thought of him)
The woman in the old King Kong movie - name completely escapes me!

Edit - Fay Wray was that woman.

Last edited by hot wasabi peas; Mar 24th 2006 at 8:16 pm. Reason: thanks to wiki, I'll be able to sleep
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
On the front page, that site lists :

Victoria Pratt

so, rather than limiting themselves to the famous, I think they've listed every Canadian.
Well, that's me covered!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Well, that's me covered!
Me too. http://www.canadians.ca/x.htm
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'll be right over.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:17 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Is David Frum Barbara Frum's son?
Yes.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:18 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
True - its terrible though for this type of accident to have to happen for them to start looking at getting a new ferry for that run!
I agree with you. That said, I take my hat off to the residents of Hartley Bay who put out to sea in the middle of the night to rescue passengers.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
I agree with you. That said, I take my hat off to the residents of Hartley Bay who put out to sea in the middle of the night to rescue passengers.

Yes, there were alot of folks that can be classed as heroes - from those that went out in the rescue boats to those that provided food and shelter to the rescued people!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:10 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

What about the best rock band in the world..............RUSH!!!!!!

Sarah Machlachlan......pop/folk singer

Robert Ito.............Quincey's sidekick in the classic show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.