Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Famous but not enough points

Famous but not enough points

Old Nov 15th 2004, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Famous but not enough points

We haven't sorted out cable or sattelite yet so we are at the mercy of the extremely limited terrestrial TV. I was watching one of those news shows this morning and I was amused to see the actress Sharon Gless being interviewed. Her main claim to fame as far as I'm concerned is from starring in the eighties show "Cagney and Lacey". Anyway she's apparently living in Toronto at the moment due to work committments and wants to stay for good. The trouble is the immigration authorities won't have any of it because they say she doesn't have enough points to qualify therefore she's trying to publicise the situation to get some leverage. Perhaps all the people that work for the immigration dept are too young to remember the show!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 10:20 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Famous but not enough points

Originally Posted by stepnek
We haven't sorted out cable or sattelite yet so we are at the mercy of the extremely limited terrestrial TV. I was watching one of those news shows this morning and I was amused to see the actress Sharon Gless being interviewed. Her main claim to fame as far as I'm concerned is from starring in the eighties show "Cagney and Lacey". Anyway she's apparently living in Toronto at the moment due to work committments and wants to stay for good. The trouble is the immigration authorities won't have any of it because they say she doesn't have enough points to qualify therefore she's trying to publicise the situation to get some leverage. Perhaps all the people that work for the immigration dept are too young to remember the show!

yeah, I was tickled when Iain K posted about that today

It looks as if your best bet is to be a Romanian exotic dancer and volunteer in Judy Sgro's office!! http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...tory/National/

Clare
Old Nov 16th 2004, 12:30 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Famous but not enough points

The article from the globe and mail I posted the link to said she had applied as business class (starting a production company in Toronto as she has enjoyed filming Queer as folk there so much), not skilled worker, and the problem was that CIC had diverted all resources to reducing the skilled worker backlog, leaving the investor and business applicants going nowhere fast. Not good news however you look at it.

Originally Posted by stepnek