Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Fall River, Nova Scotia

Fall River, Nova Scotia

Old Oct 22nd 2010, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

gvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to all
Default Fall River, Nova Scotia

For all those thinking of relocating to the Fall River area of Nova Scotia, there is a new Community Portal with a wealth of information on schools, businesses and facilities in the area. Check it out at www.myfallriver.ca
This sort of information was sadly lacking when we moved here 5 years ago and so a friend and I put this together as a service to the community. It's a not-for-profit site so we aren't promoting it as a business interest - just for your information!!
Let me know what you think, and if anyone has any questions on the area, feel free to PM me.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Fall River, Nova Scotia

i wouldn't got to fall river, it's full of expats
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

gvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to all

True enough - but it's easy to avoid them!!
It's probably one of the better areas to live though in HRM...
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

that was a tonge in cheek comment

....actually despite the name calling, I mainly hear locals around here :-)
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 7:36 pm
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by gvanleer
True enough - but it's easy to avoid them!!
It's probably one of the better areas to live though in HRM...
Of topic I know but why do you have fat albert as an avatar?
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 8:27 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flipance
Of topic I know but why do you have fat albert as an avatar?
Looks more like what it says. A C130J
I always thought a Fat Albert was a Boeing 737.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 8:33 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
I had to google...
http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/fat_albert.htm

Does that aircraft really not have its props spinning?
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 9:22 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
I had to google...
http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/fat_albert.htm

Does that aircraft really not have its props spinning?
All engines are running, it is jet assist not jet propelled
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_QCh...eature=related
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 11:00 pm
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Fat Albert in the UK is a C-130 Turbo prop, C-130 H has T56 alison engines ( the civilian version is slightly different) The C-130 J also alison engines but different and with a different prop.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 11:04 pm
887 lb pumpkin

Originally Posted by The Aviator
All engines are running, it is jet assist not jet propelled
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_QCh...eature=related
All a matter of terminology, rocket assisted is how I would describe it, but it is a Prop Jet.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 11:42 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

All a matter of terminology, rocket assisted is how I would describe it, but it is a Prop Jet.
Not really, it is a matter of correctness. JATO is what it is more commonly known as, or Jet Assisted Take Off, started in WW2. A more accurate description on the 130 is RATO, the terms are used interchangeably, however JATO is the technically correct one.

The power plants on the C130 are Turboprop, a propeller driven by a gas turbine engine. The Canadian J types are RR AE2100D3 (which was designed by Allison Engine)

Last edited by Aviator; Oct 22nd 2010 at 11:45 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 12:35 am
887 lb pumpkin

Not really, it is a matter of correctness. JATO is what it is more commonly known as, or Jet Assisted Take Off, started in WW2. A more accurate description on the 130 is RATO, the terms are used interchangeably, however JATO is the technically correct one.

The power plants on the C130 are Turboprop, a propeller driven by a gas turbine engine. The Canadian J types are RR AE2100D3 (which was designed by Allison Engine)
You are trying to teach grandmothers to suck eggs. Now if you would like to explain your understanding of the TD system on the T-56 or the D-501 I would be interested to hear your interpretation.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 12:41 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I can't take any of the above seriously with those pumpkins dancing on your avatar.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 2:01 am

You are trying to teach grandmothers to suck eggs. Now if you would like to explain your understanding of the TD system on the T-56 or the D-501 I would be interested to hear your interpretation.
The temperature datum control system operates in conjunction with the temperature selection network of the 501/T56 turboprop engine and includes a TD control unit, usually called the TD amplifier, a set of 18 engine thermocouples, and the electro-hydromechanical TD valve of the engine fuel system. In operation, the system is able to maintain the engine turbine inlet temperature selected by the throttle lever position at any point within the flight range, and also limit the maximum temperature throughout the entire
throttle range.

You are doing pretty well for a grandma by they way

So which 'Valley' are you in? Not working for Cascade are you?

However this digresses off topic somewhat old chap.

Last edited by Aviator; Oct 23rd 2010 at 2:38 am.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gvanleer
For all those thinking of relocating to the Fall River area of Nova Scotia, there is a new Community Portal with a wealth of information on schools, businesses and facilities in the area. Check it out at www.myfallriver.ca
This sort of information was sadly lacking when we moved here 5 years ago and so a friend and I put this together as a service to the community. It's a not-for-profit site so we aren't promoting it as a business interest - just for your information!!
Let me know what you think, and if anyone has any questions on the area, feel free to PM me.
Just to say.... We have been using your website and think it's fabby! It great for upcoming events and I particularly like having the school numbers etc, all in one place! Well done!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.