Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

expo show,and hello

expo show,and hello

Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: expo show,and hello

Hi again

Today is Day 29 since I had my medical and still no answer from Canadian embassy. It seems a long time and on top of that i am not sure that they have got all the necessary documents. I went thru the checklist at least 10 times.

It happens on this forum that some members were asked for more documents after waiting for a while and it will make the waiting longer. I was told 2-3 months post medical by Helen Dowey. As I said to you 29 days have gone ..I will have to give my 8 week notice at work too. I was hoping to make it before Xmas. I dont know if it will happen. On the other hand some seems to get the TWP within 4 weeks.

The main problem is that I can't plan anything yet. We are thinking of selling the house but I want to get my TWP first then at least I know I will be leaving.

For your info, both of us are nurses and we have 2 daughters, 18 and 14 yr old. I dont know if you saw the male sign by my name. Both of us use one screename for the forum. Did not mean to confuse anyone.

We dont know exactly where we are going to work in Calgary as Helen Dowey told us when we find a place to live then she will fit us in the nearest hospital in that area we will choose to stay.

Here another day to cross off on my calendar.

Bye
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hey Ibby

If you have had your medical request and they didn't ask for more documents then it is unlikely they will ask for further documents at this stage unless they need something directly linked to your medical.

If you have had a medical request and its 28 days since you sent your medical results I would send a case specific email enquiry to make sure they received them.

Cheers
Tom
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Tom

I know my meds result was sent cos i have a courier reference number as well as a phone number for the courier firm from the clinic where the meds were done.

Its not working days i was counting...i just counted from the day i had it done. The lady who recruited me from Calgary told me it will take about 2-3 months for the issue of the TWP post medical. I guess I have to trust her as she deals with Brit applicants on a daily basis.

Anyway that will give me time to go on a recce trip with my family on the 17th July to Calgary. I am trying to convince my daughter that its worth leaving the UK for Calgary. Emotional blackmail, leaving all her friends behind, Will i cope with new school buddies, etc..... but my OH will follow me anywhere she said....

Let the wait begins.....lets be positive here...

Regards

Ibrahim
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi ibby

I know Helen my OH is going out to work for Helen and we leave 27th. The only reason for saying check they received you results is the pretext for emailing to chase them. They seem to get a bit nippy if you are always asking where is my TWP but if you have a valid question they seem ok. Lynne sent her meds and emailed 3 weeks later and got a reply saying it had been determined and the decision was in the post.

2-3 months is not the norm for London I know Destinationnovascotia is having a nightmare but 3-5 weeks post meds is the norm for nurses recently.

I know how the waiting feels.

Cheers
Tom

Last edited by lauder99; Jul 8th 2008 at 9:47 am. Reason: more info added
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:41 am
Just Joined

englikat is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there!

can you please give some info as to where and when the expo is in london???? thanks!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:47 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

It was the weekend before last, at Olympia:

links: http://www.expo-canada.com/

next one is Nov
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:48 am
Just Joined

englikat is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you! been looking for ages for one!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of

sorry about gender confusion did not look at symbol until I posted!! typical me "do first ..."

With housing market what it is, we decided to put up for sale and go into temp rental if it sells quickly until Canada stuff sorted. I dont want the house to be the reason for not leaving ...no emotional ties

My family are all in France and Holland so for me saying goodbye should be less traumatic, my kids are younger so they will adapt ( as I did when little, we moved countries houses etc about 10 times before I was 16!!)

My Hubbie is very laid back and is not too worried at this stage, we are a strong couple and convinced we can support eachother!( just need to take it in turns!)