Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Expat run football (soccer!) team in Toronto

Wikiposts

Expat run football (soccer!) team in Toronto

Old Apr 11th 2013, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold
Default Expat run football (soccer!) team in Toronto

Hi All,

I manage a football team, or soccer if you prefer, playing men's football in Toronto. Age of our team is roughly from 18-35.

We're starting the outdoor 11a side season in the next few weeks and there is room for a few skilled players who are looking to join a friendly, social team that tries to win too!

First game is May 15th and runs all the way through to September.

Games are midweek and very organised including referees and 2 linesman.

I've been in Canada for 18 months now, and our team has a good mix of other English people, a Dane, and Canadians.

Please PM me for more details!
Old Apr 11th 2013, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all
Default Re: Expat run football (soccer!) team in Toronto

Originally Posted by markstimson
Hi All,

I manage a football team, or soccer if you prefer, playing men's football in Toronto. Age of our team is roughly from 18-35.

We're starting the outdoor 11a side season in the next few weeks and there is room for a few skilled players who are looking to join a friendly, social team that tries to win too!

First game is May 15th and runs all the way through to September.

Games are midweek and very organised including referees and 2 linesman.

I've been in Canada for 18 months now, and our team has a good mix of other English people, a Dane, and Canadians.

Please PM me for more details!
If you can get CIC to approve an LMO I'm happy to come over there on a PNP so I can take you to league title. I'm like Roy Keane with hatred in my heart.

Old Apr 11th 2013, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Haha so you like a tackle then!
Sadly the referees here are whistle happy and Canadian football would class even someone with a perma smile like Dwight Yorke as a hardman lol.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by markstimson
Haha so you like a tackle then!
Sadly the referees here are whistle happy and Canadian football would class even someone with a perma smile like Dwight Yorke as a hardman lol.
I do indeed. Unfortunately, I'm in England and you're in Canada.

Good luck with the team. The Sunday team I stared in the UK has finally had to call it quits due to age and lack of youngsters who can be bothered to turn out on a Sunday (too busy drinking and having sex and stuff like that - k**b-heads/jealous).

How can Canadian football be so limp when hockey is essentially authorised violence?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 10:40 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
If you can get CIC to approve an LMO I'm happy to come over there on a PNP so I can take you to league title. I'm like Roy Keane with hatred in my heart.

We have enough thugs already without importing more,
Old Apr 11th 2013, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Don't judge a book by it's cover story. Even Vinnie Jones had a sensitive side.

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
We have enough thugs already without importing more,
Old Apr 11th 2013, 10:58 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths

How can Canadian football be so limp when hockey is essentially authorised violence?
You should see some of the hockey kids try to play footy. It's not all nicey nicey ya know.

And Brit kids playing footie against Canoock hockey kids!!!!! It sure beats watching UFC.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by magnumpi
You should see some of the hockey kids try to play footy. It's not all nicey nicey ya know.

And Brit kids playing footie against Canoock hockey kids!!!!! It sure beats watching UFC.
I didn't say it was. The OP said that football (soccer) referees in Canada were a bit whistle happy.

I admire hockey (ice). I think it's an interesting sport which is played properly (i.e. aggressively).
Old Apr 11th 2013, 11:08 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Well IMO the state of refereeing in Canada is not good. No consistency what so ever!!!!!

Hey ho tho, onto another season, we can only hope for improvement in that dept.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Well IMO the state of refereeing in Canada is not good. No consistency what so ever!!!!!

Hey ho tho, onto another season, we can only hope for improvement in that dept.
That sounds like the premiership. Class 1 refs all round.