Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Exchanging large sums of money

Exchanging large sums of money

Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:17 pm

g_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud of
Default Exchanging large sums of money

Hi,

I have been talking to Money Corp for trading currency in view of a future house purchase in Canada. They sound fine but I'm wanting to hear from anyone who's either used them or other foreign currency traders for large monetary exchanges, i.e. enough to buy a house.

Thanks in advance

Paul
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:20 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Exchanging large sums of money

Originally Posted by g_is_for_canada
Hi,

I have been talking to Money Corp for trading currency in view of a future house purchase in Canada. They sound fine but I'm wanting to hear from anyone who's either used them or other foreign currency traders for large monetary exchanges, i.e. enough to buy a house.

Thanks in advance

Paul
Don't bother with them. I'll pm you my Barclays account details. Stick it in there and I'll pass in on to you when you get here
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g_is_for_canada
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Paul
At work we use these people :

http://www.google.ca/local?hl=en&lr=...57331567889727

we change large sums most weeks and have had excellent service. We check the rates from time to time and seem to be winning.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:26 pm

g_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Don't bother with them. I'll pm you my Barclays account details. Stick it in there and I'll pass in on to you when you get here
That's kind of you. Perhaps you could just buy me a house with it and post me the keys with a map of where to go when I arrive
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

brit_in_fizroy will become famous soon enough

What's wrong with a normal bank wire to an account here. As long as you inform the bank (I forgot once and they froze my account) I can't see , or don't know of, any problems - just watch the exchange rate to pick a good time!!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:48 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Me Me Me! I need the money....

I used Moneycorp to transfer all my ill gotten gains from the UK. They were very good and efficient and also exceptionally patient when my UK bank cocked up the transfer. From what I remember they also gave me a really good rate - better than I would have got from my bank.

In a few weeks I have to transfer some $CAD back to pounds to pay off my credit cards. I'll definately be using moneycorp to do it....
Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:26 am
Nova Scotian

BH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant future

I found HIFX to offer a slightly better rate than Money Corp. I used them for a house buy and moving currency exchange.

Both times I checked each company's rate almost instantly and HIFX was better.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 5:08 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BH PNP
I found HIFX to offer a slightly better rate than Money Corp. I used them for a house buy and moving currency exchange.

Both times I checked each company's rate almost instantly and HIFX was better.
Same here. I have used HIFX plc several times for money transfer to and from NZ, also registered with Moneycorp but phoning both just before contract, HIFX always better - or match if you say you compared - Moneycorp. Can recommend them. http://www.hifx.co.uk/members/quotes.asp