Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Exchanged on House

Exchanged on House

Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:15 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exchanged on House

Yay we've exchanged on the house. Finally the sale becomes legally binding. This puts us in good stead for actually making our August 21st flights now.

6 weeks and we'll be setting off on our one way trip to Toronto. Looking forward to it. Now to clear the last of the crap out of this house...
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchanged on House

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Yay we've exchanged on the house. Finally the sale becomes legally binding. This puts us in good stead for actually making our August 21st flights now.

6 weeks and we'll be setting off on our one way trip to Toronto. Looking forward to it. Now to clear the last of the crap out of this house...
Congrats to you and Zoe

I am waiting for a surveyor but as the buyer isnt selling to buy - hoping for a quick completion
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:22 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

solicitors don't appear to understand the concept of quick , it took three days and several persuasive phone calls (from Ben) to get the monkey to press the transmit button to exchange contracts
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
solicitors don't appear to understand the concept of quick , it took three days and several persuasive phone calls (from Ben) to get the monkey to press the transmit button to exchange contracts
Any tips Zoe would be appreciated am actually lucky as the conveyancing secretary is a lady that i have known for years so hopefully she will push along for me

Gaynor
x
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations - you must be SO relieved!! AND it's almost the end of term for Zoe!

Did you watch the Tour on Sunday? All those people turning out to wave you goodbye

We were down visiting my daughter in Westgate and went into Canterbury on the train. It was a fantastic experience and a great day

Jo
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:45 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Any tips Zoe would be appreciated am actually lucky as the conveyancing secretary is a lady that i have known for years so hopefully she will push along for me

Gaynor
x
the main tip , Ben will laugh at this knowing me as he does, is patience!!! everything will take at least three times longer than you expect . Our solicitor was fine but the buyers one was really slow , we were ready to exchange for about two weeks but the buyers solicitor just wasn't playing ball. This was really frustrating as there was genuinely nothing we could do.

remember your estate agent has access to the buyers solicitors so you can use then to apply pressure as well.

be firm and insistant but not aggressive or rude.

Hope things go well for you

Zoe
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
the main tip , Ben will laugh at this knowing me as he does, is patience!!!

Are you my long lost twin sister

everything will take at least three times longer than you expect . Our solicitor was fine but the buyers one was really slow , we were ready to exchange for about two weeks but the buyers solicitor just wasn't playing ball. This was really frustrating as there was genuinely nothing we could do.

remember your estate agent has access to the buyers solicitors so you can use then to apply pressure as well.

be firm and insistant but not aggressive or rude.

Hope things go well for you

Zoe
Zoe

It's a private sale - but knowing Sue at my solicitors like I do she will not take no S**T from anyone and I also have a fab relationship with the buyer - at the mo

Gaynor
x
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:26 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Zoe

It's a private sale - but knowing Sue at my solicitors like I do she will not take no S**T from anyone and I also have a fab relationship with the buyer - at the mo

Gaynor
x
What's a private sale ?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tangram
What's a private sale ?
Mine is Tan - not using agent for sale
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:57 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is Tan - not using agent for sale
You have done well getting away with it, seeing as you were advertised with an agent at the time I guess. Saved you a bit of cash.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tangram
You have done well getting away with it, seeing as you were advertised with an agent at the time I guess. Saved you a bit of cash.
This lady originally viewed whilst I was sacking one agent and getting the present one - she is a friend of one of my neighbours