Wikiposts

Exchange Rate

Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Exchange Rate

I wonder if anyone is watching the exchange rate with interest. I have been watching carefully for a while as we will be needing to move money soon. I noticed yesterday that it rose from its usual 1£ GBP = $1.8 to 1.835.

This is the largest rise I remember freom having looked at this on a daily basis. I wonder where its heading (Hopefully back to £1 = $2)

Yahoooooooooo go on there
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange Rate

We can only hope lol
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:57 am
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by londonhatter
I wonder if anyone is watching the exchange rate with interest. I have been watching carefully for a while as we will be needing to move money soon. I noticed yesterday that it rose from its usual 1£ GBP = $1.8 to 1.835.

This is the largest rise I remember freom having looked at this on a daily basis. I wonder where its heading (Hopefully back to £1 = $2)

Which organisation are you checking the rates with? Hifx, post office, or Thomas Cook?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 5:36 am
getting ready to apply!

snowdemon is an unknown quantity at this point

$1.845 - wait for the crash
Old Jun 28th 2009, 12:03 am
Just Joined

alwar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by londonhatter

Where do keep a eye on the dollar that gives it at 1.85
Old Jun 28th 2009, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

davidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant future

1.90 today now!! woo-hoo!!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidshan
1.90 today now!! woo-hoo!!
it peaked two days ago on x-rates and has gone down a couple of cents.

lets hope its jsut a blip and it keeps rising.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

I don't see a peak yet.

I am seeing 1.907 but it doesn't do anything at the weekends so we will see tomorrow huh.

I do have a feeling that its going to 2.0
Old Jun 28th 2009, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Exchange Rate

Im hoping it will go to $2, i have a deal with moneycorp that when it hit that amount they will call me and guarantee me that amount,with some of these companies you can let them know at what rate you want to buy and they will lock that rate in and call you when it hits that amount. other good companies out there are travelex, hifx......hope this helps.

MR79
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

UKForex have been pretty good with me. As emntioned I have transfered accross a small amout to get me started when I go.

I set up the transfer, UKForex checked to account details. When I clicked the Complete Transaction button in my web browser, I had a call withing two minutes saying that they had recieved at and it was being dealt with.

Very good service
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Those kind of things sound good. Guess you need a canadian bank account setup before you can set a rate.

2 to 1 would be great. not as good as it was but better than recently.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Exchange Rate

You can set the rate for any time in the future i believe and yes when they do call you, you will need a Canadian account for the money to be transfered into.

MR79
Old Jun 28th 2009, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Sukh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

This is a good company for ultra low commissions and also you could hedge when rate is good through them.

http://fxglobaltransfer.oanda.com/
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

greghal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MR79
You can set the rate for any time in the future i believe and yes when they do call you, you will need a Canadian account for the money to be transfered into.

MR79
You are able to set a rate without a bank account. Ask your broker to set a rate on a forward contract basis, i did this to buy some Australian Dollars with Cornhill FX, when the rates spriked last october i bought at 2.50, but only paid a 10% deposit, then i just pay the 90% balance at the end of this year whe i take delivery of the currency.

The one thing ive learnt since i first applied for my visa is that its never to early to set a rate, the more time you have the more chance thre is of hitting your target, and you don't even need all of your funds available!!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

I have used forwards before and they really are the way to do it. Use RationalFx all the time, broker I have there has looked after me for 3 years and never been beaten on a rate. Highly reccommend them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.