Exchange rate

Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Unfortunately all our dosh is tied up in the house. And we can't see that selling any time soon now
Well, fingers crossed. If it's any consolation, there don't seem to be many winners when it comes to changing money.... except the money changers, of course.

It's gone up over 5c this morning alone!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

its pi**ed us off. we thought long and hard about our money when we moved over last week, and decided to bring it all over as it was dropping like fly's, now its gone up :curse::curse:

i wonder if its worth us sending our funds back and trying again
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
its pi**ed us off. we thought long and hard about our money when we moved over last week, and decided to bring it all over as it was dropping like fly's, now its gone up :curse::curse:

i wonder if its worth us sending our funds back and trying again
just got a phone call of Hifx asking me if i want to buy at $2, p***ed me off as i changed on the 31st at $1.865:curse:
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

snap and us really does pee us off, but thats the way it goes :curse:
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

2.025 now! i was chuffed yesterday with my purchase at 1.96! nightmare
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

vegasrockstar will become famous soon enoughvegasrockstar will become famous soon enough

It just went above 2.04 - I wish I had some money to change! :curse:
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Everytime i buy some more it goes up further just secured at 2.0
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:14 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottymallo
Keep on buying then
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

You did fine. On it's way down again. If you blinked you'd have missed that 2.04......
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geedee
You did fine. On it's way down again. If you blinked you'd have missed that 2.04......
WTF is going on? Back below 2 again but the Aussie dollar which is also based upon minerals/oil is still suffering.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

coolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the rough

It just went above 2.04 - I wish I had some money to change

Hey vagas, how do you go about exchanging money at that rate? do i need to get a canadian bank acc first? then transfer via tinternet? i can only see holiday money at trav agents a mear 1.81. Rubbish.....
Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:09 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

2.025 now! i was chuffed yesterday with my purchase at 1.96! nightmare
I said I wasn't going to look after getting 1.95 yesterday. But I couldn't help myself. I was gob smacked to see 2. With all this negative talk about the stock market and the UK economy I don't understand why it's going up. Any clues?
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:40 am
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
I said I wasn't going to look after getting 1.95 yesterday. But I couldn't help myself. I was gob smacked to see 2. With all this negative talk about the stock market and the UK economy I don't understand why it's going up. Any clues?
'Cos Canada and the rest of the world is basically in the same situation.

Brown and Darlings bailout is huge, compared to the USA $700 billion for a country of 330 million ppl and a much larger high risk exposure, the UK appears a safer bet.

The UK government's smart moves, £400++ billion ($680+) for a country of 60 million with less exposure than the US to higher risk debt, will, IMO, eventually be copied by many western countries on a pro rata basis.

M.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 3:22 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Those Brits who are moving to Australia will feel like those Brits at the start of this thread when the rate was £1 = $2.30
Old Oct 12th 2008, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice

Hmmmm.....

Just like everyone else, we are watching this current rate increase with much interest.

The equity from our house sale is locked away in high interest savings until 22nd October.

Fingers crossed, the current spike will continue for another 13 days but I doubt it...

K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.