Exchange rate

Old Sep 12th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of
Default Re: Exchange rate

im out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but still drinking
well at least until it reaches 2.00 at least
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:47 am
APC
Just Joined

APC is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by geedee
"The Canadian crosses are still doing well as CAD gains are more or less offsetting the EUR and GBP strength. The loonie has appreciated markedly against the other majors excluding the Yen during the last month and may be ripe for a directional change"

Fingers and everything else crossed!!

If the pound can drop that quickly, there's no reason it can't rise at the same speed.... is there??
I agree and GDP/CAD is now 1.9196 its moved in one week from 1.8650 - I'm hoping the trend continues - fingers X ;-)

Best of luck to everyone who needs to ride this rollercoaster!

Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by APC
I agree and GDP/CAD is now 1.9196 its moved in one week from 1.8650 - I'm hoping the trend continues - fingers X ;-)

Best of luck to everyone who needs to ride this rollercoaster!

wahooooooooooooo! 192.00
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

im going to pee my pants now yippeeeeee keep it rising
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
im going to pee my pants now yippeeeeee keep it rising
It's all the Beer Get to the toilet QUICK
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:14 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

I see it at $1.88 where is it $1.92?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
I see it at $1.88 where is it $1.92?
At mid day today the price was 1.9233, this is the interbaking rate not the rate you would actually recieve, If you were to change say £10k you would have got an exchange rate on the 1.9233 of around $1.9103, Hope this explains. By the way that would have been through interchangefx or Custom House
Old Sep 15th 2008, 1:17 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

I look at the first page on this thread and it makes me want to cry !
What a difference 100 pages make
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

With Lehman collapsing, the US financial system could be in deep poo (more precisely, in even deeper poo than the UK), so I won't be surprised to see the rate get closer to $2 in the next couple of weeks... particularly with Mervin King's recent comments making interest rate cuts in the UK look much less likely than they did a few days ago.

The Fed will obviously try to ensure a careful run-down of the business to minimise the impact elsewhere, but the US dollar is hardly going to look like a safe haven for foreign investors any time soon.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:51 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
With Lehman collapsing, the US financial system could be in deep poo (more precisely, in even deeper poo than the UK), so I won't be surprised to see the rate get closer to $2 in the next couple of weeks... particularly with Mervin King's recent comments making interest rate cuts in the UK look much less likely than they did a few days ago.

The Fed will obviously try to ensure a careful run-down of the business to minimise the impact elsewhere, but the US dollar is hardly going to look like a safe haven for foreign investors any time soon.
If it hits $2 them i`m in for the kill
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

i will second that out on the p*ss if it does
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:58 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MarkG

Thing is how much damage will a strong CAD do to the export and tourism industries? when all the big orders go across the border with the weaker USD, its hard to beleive that Canada won't start to feel the pinch sometime soon.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:03 pm
NEMESIS

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
i will second that out on the p*ss if it does
And i`ll second the "out on the p*ss" bit
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

I had to change up money today for our house purchase. I got 1.9028 from Moneycorp. I asked them about short to medium term rates, and they were predicting a decline to mid 1.80s. Not sure how accurate this will prove to be, as they usually sit on the fence when asked to give predictions
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:14 pm
NEMESIS

Originally Posted by Southcote
I had to change up money today for our house purchase. I got 1.9028 from Moneycorp. I asked them about short to medium term rates, and they were predicting a decline to mid 1.80s. Not sure how accurate this will prove to be, as they usually sit on the fence when asked to give predictions
I`m just gonna sit on my fence with a beer and see what happens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.