Exchange rate

Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exchange rate

I see it's touching $2.20 to the pound again:

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/co...submit=Convert

So at least there might be one benefit of all these delays for visa processing .
Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:07 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by MarkG
I see it's touching $2.20 to the pound again:

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/co...submit=Convert

So at least there might be one benefit of all these delays for visa processing .
Not so good when your trying to pay your UK student loan off from Canada. Great if your coming to visit. I rememeber a few years ago when it was pushing $2.50. Twas rather good coming to visit my girlfriend in Canada, everything was so cheap!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andrewrb143
Not so good when your trying to pay your UK student loan off from Canada. Great if your coming to visit. I rememeber a few years ago when it was pushing $2.50. Twas rather good coming to visit my girlfriend in Canada, everything was so cheap!

We're due to complete on our house soon and it's great news for us exchange to the Canadian dollar

Hopefully we should have a nice emergency fund now. Watch this it'll drop back down to 2.06!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mels123
We're due to complete on our house soon and it's great news for us exchange to the Canadian dollar

Hopefully we should have a nice emergency fund now. Watch this it'll drop back down to 2.06!
I wonder how correlated the CAD is to the USD, given the mutual trade. If the USD takes a large tumble, how will this affect the CAD?

K.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:09 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Better not...... we are only waiting for the postman (anyday now) then we can exchange our money over...2.20 is a very nice amount maybe getting a bit higher before we buy...
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

If the USD takes a large tumble, how will this affect the CAD?
Quite a lot, if oil and other commodities don't go up at the same time.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

tom5sk is on a distinguished road

Quite a lot, if oil and other commodities don't go up at the same time.
for a decent exchange rate we need a steep increase in usd/cad rate which appears to relate to oil/commodities dropping off a cliff

we are currently at near a 2yr high gbp/usd rate but usd/cad is still quite low.

Before someone jumps on the above statement we have been down at 1.09 usd/cad and are now at c.1.1320 butr nothing like the 1.27-1.35 we need with a strong cable to get us back to the 2.50 gbp/cad rate we would all like
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:58 am
and Twitchy

Nickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura about

If your looking to buy CAD then try visiting Halo Financial [Alastair Sweetman]
Their rate will beat any bank of Hi FX.

You can secure the rate now which lasts for up to two years, youll be foolish not to do something now as the rate is set to fall back down.

We just secured our rate which gave us loads of extra money for our new house in Calgary.....moving on the 4th Dec.

You have been warned.............by the way Im not on any kind of commision just want others to have a good deal and not miss out.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nickola
You can secure the rate now which lasts for up to two years, youll be foolish not to do something now as the rate is set to fall back down.
You'd be foolish to believe anyone who claims they know where rates are going. If they did, they'd be very rich.

K.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

for a decent exchange rate we need a steep increase in usd/cad rate which appears to relate to oil/commodities dropping off a cliff
Or for the US dollar to continue sinking, which it's pretty much guaranteed to do in the long term; there are already far more dollars in the world than anyone knows what to do with.

In the short term, of course, who knows which way it will go?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nickola
If your looking to buy CAD then try visiting Halo Financial [Alastair Sweetman]
Their rate will beat any bank of Hi FX.

We just secured our rate which gave us loads of extra money for our new house in Calgary.....moving on the 4th Dec.

You have been warned.............by the way Im not on any kind of commision just want others to have a good deal and not miss out.
It sounds good but how much did it cost you?
I was under the impression in order to secure a rate with these companies you have to put up something like a 10% deposit, maybe i am wrong i haven't looked into it in detail myself yet.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 12:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I paid $2.10 for pounds this morning. Not great but not too awful.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 3:44 pm
OMG - I'm back

nivlad will become famous soon enoughnivlad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dbd33
I paid $2.10 for pounds this morning. Not great but not too awful.
I transfered some money today with hifx and got $2.18. it is so easy and they phone me at work.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yahoo has the market rate at $2.2041 right now... so still going the right direction .
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Yahoo has the market rate at $2.2041 right now... so still going the right direction .

Good, good................... house money to come over from UK in Jan..........(rubbing hands together!).........hopefully it will creep up a little more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.