Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Excess Baggage Company International - Reviews?

Excess Baggage Company International - Reviews?

Old Oct 5th 2011, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

wanderingnomad10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Excess Baggage Company International - Reviews?

Hello,

I am moving from Vancouver to London, England. I won't be using full-service movers as I don't have any furniture or electronics to move. However, I do want to ship around 5 large boxes (about 70 lbs each).

Has anyone had any experience using Excess Baggage International (http://www.excess-baggage.com)? They apparently have a door-to-door service within 10 days (using DHL courier) and charge around C$145 per box. I will be shipping mostly clothing, kitchenware and other random houseware.

I have seen reviews for this company for shipping from UK to Canada but wonder if anyone has used them from Canada to the UK. Any reviews or advice appreciated for this company or others!

Thanks!
Old Oct 5th 2011, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of
Default Re: Excess Baggage Company International - Reviews?

I used them from canada to UK a couple of years ago, everything arrived safely. With me they subcontracted DHL to provide the service, there was a local hiccup and the collection was a day late, no probs other than this, took about 5 days for everything to get the the UK address
Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much for your reply - much appreciated!

Are there any others out there who have used this company?

Many thanks!
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:05 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingnomad10
Thanks so much for your reply - much appreciated!

Are there any others out there who have used this company?

Many thanks!
Have a look at this lot. We've got 10 boxes coming back from Toronto and they are very cheap. Its not really based on weight, more size. Our boxes are pretty small and made up just less than one cubic metre.

http://www.ela-uk.com/
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wanderingnomad10
Hello,

I am moving from Vancouver to London, England. I won't be using full-service movers as I don't have any furniture or electronics to move. However, I do want to ship around 5 large boxes (about 70 lbs each).

Has anyone had any experience using Excess Baggage International (http://www.excess-baggage.com)? They apparently have a door-to-door service within 10 days (using DHL courier) and charge around C$145 per box. I will be shipping mostly clothing, kitchenware and other random houseware.

I have seen reviews for this company for shipping from UK to Canada but wonder if anyone has used them from Canada to the UK. Any reviews or advice appreciated for this company or others!

Thanks!
we looking at using them too , but we looking at the cheaper but longer way, think we had $300 for 6 boxes but could take up to 3months to get there.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Londonuck! I have sent them a request for a quote.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

We used them UK to Canada......Found them fantastic. Very efficient, friendly service both sides and we had no damage on arrival.....I totally recommend them. Search on here for Excess Baggage company as I got into a discussion about this already.....I will look too.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Here you go........Thought I would find it so this saves you looking!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731353