Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

everyones so helpful

everyones so helpful

Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:53 am
Account Closed

athena88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink everyones so helpful

I would just like to say that over the past few weeks we've gone from moving to nz to moving to nova scotia and everyone on this forum is being very helpful. I havent needed to write many threads as a few people are emailing me in private with loads of really helpful information, so Id like to say a big thankyou to them for all their help
When I was posting on the nz forum I did find a few people rude at times and not as positive this was a big reason for our change in direction as it would be very easy for us to go nz as my hubby is a kiwi. We now have our house on the market and will be coming out on a recce as soon as its sold, using all the info people have emailed and posted. There seems to be alot of support for people like me and my family in ns which I think will help a great deal when we finally get out there and the homesickness kicks in. So there we go just thought I'd post my thoughts on the canadian forum and let other people know how helpful everyone is.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: everyones so helpful

Hi

That is a really nice post - and from all of the participants on the Canadian Forums I would like to thank you

If you go on the Moving Back to UK forum and then search for NZ you will find that the reason alot of people move back from NZ is the rudeness etc that you describe in your reason for switching to Canada.

Ask away about anything and we are a friendly lot and will as you describe help you as much as we can.

Good Luck

Gaynor
x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:00 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are finding the forum helpful and polite!

Occasionally some posts come across as ruder than they are intended, and sometimes we oldies can get impatient, (especially if we're having a grumpy day) <tries to look innocent and fails>

And some people are just rude anyway, and you learn to ignore those!

I was just wondering (politely and helpfully of course) if you have an actual plan to come to Canada, or is it yet more of a wish?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:30 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to second this sentiment. Since finding this site I have gathered heaps of info that the official CIC site just doesn't provide. I have had numerous immigration queries answered patiently by the resident experts. I've been given great advice/opinions by fellow members, and a bit of craic along the way.
BE is an invaluable resource
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

athena88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Glad you are finding the forum helpful and polite!

Occasionally some posts come across as ruder than they are intended, and sometimes we oldies can get impatient, (especially if we're having a grumpy day) <tries to look innocent and fails>

And some people are just rude anyway, and you learn to ignore those!

I was just wondering (politely and helpfully of course) if you have an actual plan to come to Canada, or is it yet more of a wish?
Yes!! We are doing all we can to come over. once weve sold our house it will free us up to make plans and get things sorted. I realise that when reading other peoples replys to threads they can sometimes come across as being rude when their not meaning to be it was the general attitude. But never mind it helped me and my hubby make a very good change in our plans and were so excited.