Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is everybody moving to Nova Scotia?

View Poll Results: where are you planning to move to?
AB
11.76%
BC
15.29%
MB
1.18%
NB
8.24%
NL
2.35%
NS
42.35%
ON
11.76%
PE
3.53%
QC
1.18%
SK
1.18%
Other
1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Is everybody moving to Nova Scotia?

Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:22 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is everybody moving to Nova Scotia?

is it just me or does almost everyone seem to be moving to NS these days? There was a poll back in October and at the time the figure was about 17%. perhaps its time for a new poll? Just for those people that havent actually moved yet please - where are you planning to move to?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is everybody moving to Nova Scotia?

I was just thinking that today - every other question seems to be about NS.

For the record, we are moving over in June!
Rachel
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:27 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

glad it wasnt just me!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

nixfix is a jewel in the roughnixfix is a jewel in the roughnixfix is a jewel in the roughnixfix is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NSpaul
glad it wasnt just me!
I do think we need to make a point of underselling NS!! (I know that we're yet another couple coming out, but it should stop now, no more, place is full !!!!
Everybody - you wouldn't like it, go to BC or AB instead
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

lol!

No jobs, people are probably the rudest in Canada, scenery is rubbish.

Ok so I made them up, but don't tell anyone

Rachel
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:15 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nixfix
I do think we need to make a point of underselling NS!! (I know that we're yet another couple coming out, but it should stop now, no more, place is full !!!!
Everybody - you wouldn't like it, go to BC or AB instead
It's just horrid here. Fog and rain for the last two days - may as well stay in England.

I understand the Blairs are buying a place here too - if that doesn't put everyone off, nothing will.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:03 pm
Going for a Soda

TiggyP is a jewel in the roughTiggyP is a jewel in the roughTiggyP is a jewel in the roughTiggyP is a jewel in the roughTiggyP is a jewel in the rough

I also heard George W Bush, Robert Mugabe and the cast of Hollyoaks are also moving to Halifax.

That should do it.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

My family and I just love Nova Scotia and especially the North Shore.

KUN HEY FAT CHOY! everone! (Happy New Year!)

We have been partying all Christmas and New Year and met lot's of new people that are new to the area. One was a residency celebration with many people over for the holidays from the UK with holiday homes here. Also Canadians home from around Canada or up from the South Shore. Many talking about being here full time. Some of our friends have taken early retirement and settled here on the North Shore from Toronto and Vancouver.

My daughter made a new friend, over for the holidays from the UK. It was so sad when the family had to fly back, none of the family including grandparents wanted to leave. The same thing happened to us after buying a holiday home here. There is something magical about the North Shore it just captures your heart.

My sister could not believe it when she was over in October for the first time. getting sunburnt laying in an amuck looking at the ocean. She thought we were having her on when we would descibe the summer heat. She thought Nova Scotia was just cold all the time. How could it compete with staying home in Guernsey in October. Guernsey is changing fast and after seeing quite a lot of Nova Scotia, it is often on her mind.

I have one friend that admitted this week, that he dare not come over for a visit because he know's he will just love it and he needs to be in the UK.

I had one friend that came over last summer and never said a word about Nova Scotia. I thought she must hate it! Finally just before she was about to get on the plane to go home I said "Well Liz what did you think to Nova Scotia? You have not said a word about what you think!" Tears filled her eyes and she said "only because I cannot be here! I have seen the village where I would like to live and the town I would like to work in. I have worked it all out except how can I leave the UK?"

After having been back in the UK for 3 months this time last year, I personally never want to set foot in the UK again. The biggest shock to me was when my 17 year old daughter decided at the last minute to fly back with me to make her life here in Nova Scotia, leaving a course she enjoyed, a boyfriend she liked and all her friends behind. She just loves it here and as made many new friends and experiencing things she never would be able to in the UK.

So you can see why my vote is for NOVA SCOTIA!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

NS is where hubby's bosses would like him to base hence our choice. Now just waiting for TWP
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

aaagh, ok don't panic Mr Mannering

Todays news story is that Jordan and Peter Andre are moving to Annapolis Valley, and Posh and Becks are moving to Dartmouth

Oh and the NS icecaps are melting
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Better get over soon or the place will be as expensive as the rest of the country or anywhere other than the atlantic provinces. 60% in the poll so far who would of thought it?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

Here's an interesting map of Non-resident property ownership I found dating from 2001. You can click on it for specific areas to get a close up.

http://www.nsgc.gov.ns.ca/todd/nonre...vincialMap.htm

I'd love to see a 2007 one.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:56 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

There's just me going to Saskatchewan
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:18 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

We did actually seriously think about relocating to N/S and decided we would apply for every job with welder/fabricator or piler in it, for the last 2 mths and had not one response out of around 6 vacancies we even tried N/B. We then emailed 5 companies in the Uk over xmas wk and got emails or phone calls from all asking for more info and all are offering employment, including old boss.

So you will be happy to know we will be one less family. Unless of caurse i can come up with a workable but very devious plan
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:26 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
We did actually seriously think about relocating to N/S and decided we would apply for every job with welder/fabricator or piler in it, for the last 2 mths and had not one response out of around 6 vacancies we even tried N/B. We then emailed 5 companies in the Uk over xmas wk and got emails or phone calls from all asking for more info and all are offering employment, including old boss.

So you will be happy to know we will be one less family. Unless of caurse i can come up with a workable but very devious plan
Are you going back to UK???
Happy New Year btw!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.