Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Eurovision Song Contest

Eurovision Song Contest

Old Sep 1st 2007, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
Hey guys - just got use to the idea of not so much English footie on television when we come to Canada.

Does anyone know if they show that other English treasure ..... The Eurovision Song Contest in Canada ?

Hoping with the number of EX-pats there are in Canada one station may show it. I know they do in New Zealand and Australia

Robx
have you ever had that funny feeling, after you've asked some thing,that you should have just kept quiet or that the ground under your feet would just swallow you up. I'm glad i didn't start this thread,how are you doing:curse:
Old Sep 1st 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Eurovision song contest.........Terry Wogan.........English treasure

Thats when you know it's time to leave
Old Sep 1st 2007, 2:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

They don't show it here, it's a little upmarket. Perhaps you could do with Canadian Idol.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 2:21 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
They don't show it here, it's a little upmarket. Perhaps you could do with Canadian Idol.
True, Better tunes.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
True, Better tunes.
Better singing
Old Sep 1st 2007, 2:41 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
Old Sep 1st 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
have you ever had that funny feeling, after you've asked some thing,that you should have just kept quiet or that the ground under your feet would just swallow you up. I'm glad i didn't start this thread,how are you doing:curse:
I am doing fine!!! I am used to this sort of thing ...... after all I am a Charlton supporter.

I would agree that the Eurovision has lost its way over the past few years, but it is now starting to find its feet again. Which is reflected by the fact that
Viewing figures are up.

We have a big party most years and have now mastered the Eurovision drinking game, although neither I or my partner drink that much. We have the perfect excuse as we are the hosts.

Cmon you Reds !!!! Cmon Terry et al

Cheers

Robxxx
Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:00 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am doing fine!!! I am used to this sort of thing ...... after all I am a Charlton supporter.

I would agree that the Eurovision has lost its way over the past few years, but it is now starting to find its feet again. Which is reflected by the fact that
Viewing figures are up.

We have a big party most years and have now mastered the Eurovision drinking game, although neither I or my partner drink that much. We have the perfect excuse as we are the hosts.

Cmon you Reds !!!! Cmon Terry et al

Cheers

Robxxx
I see you took your meds yesterday...I hope you didnt mention your love of Eurovision to the Doc or the van and men in white coats could be pulling up at your door at any time.

Quick ...go and hide

Only joking, how did your meds actually go?
Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

Meds Went really well I think.

Had to have an extra blood test for my diabetes,which meant having to give blood twice and me with my needle phobia.

The Dr felt everything would be fine, she said we would have to wait and see what Canada felt, that they may need an ECG because of the link between diabetes and heart attacks.

There was a real feeling of Dunkirk Spirit in the waiting rooms, we meet a couple of families who are moving before us. Talking to them made us realise how much research we had already done.

We all swapped emails and hopefully they will soon be joining this forum.
To show what a small world it is - my worst half bumped into his work colleague there who is also immigrating !!!
Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:16 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Meds Went really well I think.

Had to have an extra blood test for my diabetes,which meant having to give blood twice and me with my needle phobia.

The Dr felt everything would be fine, she said we would have to wait and see what Canada felt, that they may need an ECG because of the link between diabetes and heart attacks.

There was a real feeling of Dunkirk Spirit in the waiting rooms, we meet a couple of families who are moving before us. Talking to them made us realise how much research we had already done.

We all swapped emails and hopefully they will soon be joining this forum.
To show what a small world it is - my worst half bumped into his work colleague there who is also immigrating !!!
I take it you dont inject your insulin then

Did the work colleague know your better half was immigrating?
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:02 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chippers
Not having Eurovision on TV should be on the many websites explaining the benefits of emigrating to Canada.
I agree, I'm moving over the pond for that very reason
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:21 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys - just got use to the idea of not so much English footie on television when we come to Canada
Mate, there's is loads of English football on Canuck TV.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alvic
I take it you dont inject your insulin then

Did the work colleague know your better half was immigrating?
To the Insulin - Nope not yet and hopefully never.

Nope neither my partner nor his colleague were aware the other was immigrating
Old Sep 1st 2007, 11:57 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
True, Better tunes.
And even more blatant regional voting.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Chippers
Not having Eurovision on TV should be on the many websites explaining the benefits of emigrating to Canada.

Euorvision is agood excuse for a party with loads of drunk friends - but if /when we move to Canada, I'm sure there will be plenty of other excuses!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.