Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Establishing a credit history in canada !!!

Establishing a credit history in canada !!!

Old Sep 19th 2004, 12:17 am
Friar.Tuck

Default Re: Establishing a credit history in canada !!!

Originally Posted by squarepants
You know this how? Listen....once again the links and advice there is for people that want to know how to go about things here. If you think am MR average fine, you seem to know my financial situation for some reason

Even if people have money with them when they come over, the last thing you want to do, is jump right into the housing market, especially if you haven't got a job lined up.

Once again....spend time read the forum and the thread before you open your mouth. Am drawing the mods attention to your silly posts, because its people like you that start flaming, and when it gets to you, you start trying to make people feel sorry for you
I have never asked for someone to feel sorry for me.

As to financial situations, who called who moneybags?

If you have no job lined up then a mortgage is impossible

As to flaming who started namecalling first? I recall nincompoop?

Old Sep 19th 2004, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

I got a mortgage, no problem, without a credit history! I didn't put a huge amount down either.

However, I was refused for "The Bay" credit card because of no credit history, LOL.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 12:29 am
Friar.Tuck

Originally Posted by Interested
I got a mortgage, no problem, without a credit history! I didn't put a huge amount down either.

However, I was refused for "The Bay" credit card because of no credit history, LOL.
Every cloud has a silver lining!

Old Sep 19th 2004, 12:33 am
squarepants

Which brings us back to the original thread title "establishing a credit history", that is what it says innit? You might not have put a huge amount down, but if you haven't got a job as a PR, you won't qualify for the 0% or minimum down payment, as you have no job to pay your loan.

I think most people will give you a mortgage with some down payment, but as soon as you fail to pay, you can expect a REPOSSESSION, just like a car really !

oh....and store cards, they aren't cheap, they start at 25% apr

Originally Posted by Interested

Old Sep 19th 2004, 12:41 am
Friar.Tuck

Which brings us back to the original thread title "establishing a credit history", that is what it says innit? You might not have put a huge amount down, but if you haven't got a job as a PR, you won't qualify for the 0% or minimum down payment, as you have no job to pay your loan.

I think most people will give you a mortgage with some down payment, but as soon as you fail to pay, you can expect a REPOSSESSION, just like a car really !

oh....and store cards, they aren't cheap, they start at 25% apr
APR is probably on of the most misrepresented financial indicators available.

Figures such as this do not have to include service charges, startup costs, card costs and many other things. this 25% can in reality be closer to 30 or even 35%.

Old Sep 19th 2004, 1:05 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Friar.Tuck

If you have no job lined up then a mortgage is impossible
Not true - we got our mortgage without either of us having employment! Once you reach a 35% deposit and still have cash left then the bank is less fussy! Our bank assumed one of us would be working by the time our cash ran out!

Old Sep 19th 2004, 1:08 am
Friar.Tuck

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Not true - we got our mortgage without either of us having employment! Once you reach a 35% deposit and still have cash left then the bank is less fussy! Our bank assumed one of us would be working by the time our cash ran out!
You must have had quite a hunk of change left in the bank, or one seriously trusting bank manager. ( anyone ever met one?)

Old Sep 19th 2004, 10:52 am
squarepants

I guess he doesn't know everything after all, seems to know what everyone wants, and their financial situation, must have left you out in his/her research

Originally Posted by Glaswegian

Old Sep 19th 2004, 11:28 am
Friar.Tuck

I guess he doesn't know everything after all, seems to know what everyone wants, and their financial situation, must have left you out in his/her research
So, unlike you who only wants to abuse and ridicule any poster with a position that does not exactly match your own.

What that is known as is narrow mindedness.

I am delighted, although very surprised that Glaswegian got his mortgage without employment, and having read elsewhere of his difficulties in obtaining employment, you would have to assume that if he had a mortgage, did not work, still made payments and was not repossesed, then he must have had a good bank balance after paying his deposit.

I just read the threads and assemble a reasoned argument. I do not just leap in with namecalling, dodgy factoids and maybes.

Old Sep 19th 2004, 11:49 am
squarepants

You sure are loosing the plot, and to accuse me of ridiculing posters with positions that don't match mine, is just absurd For someone with 36 post to their name, you sure know diddly squat about nothing.

That is your problem, you assume a lot, and end up talking from your rear. Why don't you take your arguments elsewhere, because am not intereted in what you have to offer from NS there

You seem to be hungry for some flaming, but I'll be sending your posts to the mods for them to take the neccessary actions.

So, unlike you who only wants to abuse and ridicule any poster with a position that does not exactly match your own.

What that is known as is narrow mindedness.

I am delighted, although very surprised that Glaswegian got his mortgage without employment, and having read elsewhere of his difficulties in obtaining employment, you would have to assume that if he had a mortgage, did not work, still made payments and was not repossesed, then he must have had a good bank balance after paying his deposit.

I just read the threads and assemble a reasoned argument. I do not just leap in with namecalling, dodgy factoids and maybes.

Old Sep 19th 2004, 12:05 pm
Friar.Tuck

You sure are loosing the plot, and to accuse me of ridiculing posters with positions that don't match mine, is just absurd For someone with 36 post to their name, you sure know diddly squat about nothing.

That is your problem, you assume a lot, and end up talking from your rear. Why don't you take your arguments elsewhere, because am not intereted in what you have to offer from NS there

You seem to be hungry for some flaming, but I'll be sending your posts to the mods for them to take the neccessary actions.

Yes Mickj, please take me to the moderator!
You tried it before and it had no effect then, and I am sure the same will follow.

You are transparent, and cannot help but fall back into the same posting routine as before.

We all know who you are, and it is time for you to go again.

Bye bye little boy.

Old Sep 19th 2004, 12:07 pm
squarepants

Yes Mickj, please take me to the moderator!
You tried it before and it had no effect then, and I am sure the same will follow.

You are transparent, and cannot help but fall back into the same posting routine as before.

We all know who you are, and it is time for you to go again.

Bye bye little boy.

Old Sep 19th 2004, 1:21 pm
Friar.Tuck

lost for words Mickj?

Thats not like you!