Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Enrolment on arrival for Nexus

Enrolment on arrival for Nexus

Old Jul 13th 2020, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Enrolment on arrival for Nexus

The Homeland Security website lists Pearson as a participating airport in the Enrolment on Arrival scheme, the idea being you can do your interview on arrival in Canada rather than scheduling an interview, which I haven’t been able to arrange yet for various reasons. My understanding is that this is done airside before passing through the border.

I was doubtful as to whether this would be possible yesterday on arrival due to Covid, but thought I would enquire anyway.

What did surprise me was that none of the four or five officials I approached knew anything about it. Does anyone know if it has yet been implemented at Pearson? I wondered if it had just been introduced as virus measures were coming into effect perhaps?
Old Jul 20th 2020, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Awain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enrolment on arrival for Nexus

That's interesting. I've been getting the same emails, but obviously not travelling anywhere at the moment. Which terminal did you come through and was it an international flight?
Old Jul 20th 2020, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

NEXUS and FAST enrollment centres in Canada and in the U.S. will remain closed until at least August 10, 2020.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/services...ts-eng.html#s3
Old Jul 20th 2020, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
NEXUS and FAST enrollment centres in Canada and in the U.S. will remain closed until at least August 10, 2020.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/services...ts-eng.html#s3

Yep - thanks - I was aware of that but a couple of weeks ago, the Homeland website was stating that Enrolment on Arrival was a working solution because the regular Nexus offices were closed - message has changed again though now and it’s no longer an option anywhere it seems.
I’m not surprised they’re closed, that was to be expected, but the fact that no one recognized the term at Pearson got me wondering whether it had actually ever been implemented at Pearson.

I was arriving at Terminal 1 from overseas.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Awain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond repute

I find immigration better at Terminal 3. I don't know if there's any reason for that, but when I go through T1 there is always a problem, T3 has always been smoother.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 4:15 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
Yep - thanks - I was aware of that but a couple of weeks ago, the Homeland website was stating that Enrolment on Arrival was a working solution because the regular Nexus offices were closed - message has changed again though now and it’s no longer an option anywhere it seems.
I’m not surprised they’re closed, that was to be expected, but the fact that no one recognized the term at Pearson got me wondering whether it had actually ever been implemented at Pearson.

I was arriving at Terminal 1 from overseas.
It appears that it is/was available at Departures for those going to the US.......... see https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...centers/canada
Home >> Travel >> Trusted Traveler Programs >> Nexus >> Enrollment Centers
Toronto Pearson International Airport
Address: 6301 Silver Dart Drive
Terminal One - Departures Level
Mississauga, Ontario,
Canada L5P 1A2
Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., Monday - Saturday
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Sunday
Enrollment on Arrival general info https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...ram-enrollment (but isn't it arrival in the US, not Canada?)
Where to complete the process - https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival
shows it as being specific booths - which I suspect is after you go through to the security area
Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) Location: Terminal 1 - Primary Booths 18 or 20
Terminal 3 - Primary Booths 1 or 2
Hours of Operation: 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 20th 2020 at 6:49 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

That’s exactly the info I had but no one knew anything about it. Not surprised in current circumstances but thought someone would recognize it!
Old Jul 20th 2020, 6:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
That’s exactly the info I had but no one knew anything about it. Not surprised in current circumstances but thought someone would recognize it!
But you were in arrivals - not departures i.e. you weren't leaving to go to the US ... you would have had to go through to Security to access those that would know, perhaps (- it's run by the US Department, not Canada).
You are welcome
Old Jul 20th 2020, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
But you were in arrivals - not departures i.e. you weren't leaving to go to the US ... you would have had to go through to Security to access those that would know, perhaps (- it's run by the US Department, not Canada).
You are welcome
That was what I thought too until I read the info on a link on the Homeland site - it talks about completing the process when landing in an international terminal (mostly American but a few listed in international locations, including Pearson), and following signage directing you to CBP officers who will complete your Global Entry interview.
Anyway, a moot point now and I’m sure things will become clearer so thanks to everyone for comments.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Enrollment on Arrival is only an option for Global Entry - it is not applicable for Nexus.