Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

England Vs the All Blacks

England Vs the All Blacks

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default England Vs the All Blacks

Does anyone know of any good websites that I can stream the rugby match this weekend??? I'm in Canada by the way. Cheers
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 7:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England Vs the All Blacks

ChannelSurfing
or
atdhe

They have a daily list of what's avaialble. Just click on the game if listed.

myp2p is good too. They list by day or sport. Find the event and click on the TV on the right and you get a list of links to click. They won't all work, but between those three you ought to get it.

Or try one of those TV ones that are mentioned in other threads if the game is on in the UK.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 8:10 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW the game is on Setanta at 10pm, obviously a delayed broadcast but given you're in Canada, it's unlikely the score will be broadcast on non-sports channels before that time.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 10:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
FWIW the game is on Setanta at 10pm, obviously a delayed broadcast but given you're in Canada, it's unlikely the score will be broadcast on non-sports channels before that time.
True enough. But Saturday morning to Sunday night (when the delayed showing is on) is quite a long to time to go without knowing. And many appear to look at UK news sites, so avoiding the result may not be so easy.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 1:03 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
But Saturday morning to Sunday night (when the delayed showing is on) is quite a long to time to go without knowing.
During rugby season I have to ostracise myself from the rest of the world for fear of finding out results. Quite pathetic really when you think about it but it keeps me in love with the game.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 3:04 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Mr Bean
During rugby season I have to ostracise myself from the rest of the world for fear of finding out results. Quite pathetic really when you think about it
Not at all.

I really don't like watching reruns, ordinarily, even if I don't know the score.

It feels a bit daft getting excited about something when it's long been decided.

When it's highlights you can often work out what happened before it does.

I'd rather a low quality stream where I can see what's happening when it happens. Then I might watch a rerun later to get a better idea of individual performances. Or savour something exceptional.

Perhaps it is sad after all.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

bozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nice

Incidentally,

does anyone know of any bars in Vancouver that will show the game?
Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Matt180 is an unknown quantity at this point

atdhe.net is normally pretty good
Old Nov 4th 2010, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

Cheers Gents for all the suggestions. Hopefully we can actually give the All Blacks a decent game!!!!!!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:30 am
Account Closed

I think the match is on the bbc... are there any websites to stream the bbc coverage from??
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:24 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtilley592
I think the match is on the bbc... are there any websites to stream the bbc coverage from??
I checked Saturday's TV Guide and the only game I see is Wales vs Australia @ 2:30pm on BBC2. I suspect Setanta has the rights to the NZ game. Hopefully for you I'm mistaken.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

MJDJ is just really niceMJDJ is just really niceMJDJ is just really niceMJDJ is just really niceMJDJ is just really niceMJDJ is just really niceMJDJ is just really niceMJDJ is just really nice

myp2p had the game albeit in french commentary - good stream too through it to the plasma tv - beer at 8.30 am was good too.
The french commentary was not quite as entertaining as throwing abuse at stuart barnes but it served a purpose - tried the five alive commentary along side but it was out by a good minute (ahead) so switched that off !!!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:29 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by MJDJ
myp2p had the game albeit in french commentary
Speaking of which, it's worth keeping an eye on the TV channel TV5 for rugger and footie when France play.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

HSJones is an unknown quantity at this point

I have found that if a bar is playing the rugby there will be a steep entry charge (be prepared for this during the 6 nations).
What I am going to do is look into using a UK proxy server (this way it appears that you are in the UK when you search online and therefore you're allowed to stream stuff from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 online viewing services). Most decent UK proxy server sites charge a fee too but you get to watch a huge array of programmes. Think it may be time to invest in this service!