Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Emigrating from Northern Ireland

Emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

CaitDemp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigrating from Northern Ireland

We have made the HUGE decision to emigrate to Canada, Alberta and surrounding area sounds ideal.

Only problem being that when I went online to check it out I got so confused with all the red tape involved.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on a simplified idiot proof explanation of how to go about it and what we need to do now.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:35 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrating from Northern Ireland

Check out the WIKI at the top of the page , or click here

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Beginn...an_Immigration
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Zoe will check this out!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 11:00 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaitDemp
We have made the HUGE decision to emigrate to Canada, Alberta and surrounding area sounds ideal.

Only problem being that when I went online to check it out I got so confused with all the red tape involved.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on a simplified idiot proof explanation of how to go about it and what we need to do now.
Welcome to the forum but I think you may have some more research to do.

Alberta is surrounded by Saskatchewan, Montana, British Columbia and the NW Territories.

Quite a biggish area.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
Old Dec 1st 2010, 4:56 am

zRichi is an unknown quantity at this point

I <3 Omagh
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:34 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

It will be warmer in Calgary than NI at the moment!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by zRichi
I <3 Omagh
Yeah Omagh is pretty nice but Cookstown is better ;-)
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Welcome to the forum but I think you may have some more research to do.

Alberta is surrounded by Saskatchewan, Montana, British Columbia and the NW Territories.

Quite a biggish area.
Thanks for replying, Yes I understand we need to research some more, we would love to move to any of the surrounding areas too and Alberta was just a generalisation.
Are the emigration laws different for each area?
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Londonuck
It will be warmer in Calgary than NI at the moment!
It was -9 this morning so its not too far off ;-)
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
Thank you for the link will check it out.....everything seems so confusing ;-)
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the link will check it out.....everything seems so confusing ;-)
Don't worry, it will all start to make sense soon! Just grab a cuppa and have a read of the Wiki article you were given a link to earlier, that will tell you all the visa options so you can see if you'd be eligible for any.

Once you've figured out which visa route you're likely to be taking, you can then ask further questions and we'll try and help as much as poss. And the CIC website is very clear and concise, so again once you've got your visa route figured out that will have lots of good info on for you to read.

Good luck.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 12:25 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

It was -9 this morning so its not too far off ;-)
-7 in Mayo. Didnt move back to Canada in October cos didnt want to go during winter. Turns out its colder here!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Don't worry, it will all start to make sense soon! Just grab a cuppa and have a read of the Wiki article you were given a link to earlier, that will tell you all the visa options so you can see if you'd be eligible for any.

Once you've figured out which visa route you're likely to be taking, you can then ask further questions and we'll try and help as much as poss. And the CIC website is very clear and concise, so again once you've got your visa route figured out that will have lots of good info on for you to read.

Good luck.
Thanks