Reload this Page >

Emigrated June 26th 08

Emigrated June 26th 08

Old Dec 26th 2008, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

christine1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigrated June 26th 08

Hi
My family sponsored us 4 years ago, and we arrived in Kelowna B.C. June 26th. It is a fantastic place to live, and we have children, and grandchildren here, so it has been nice to spend our first Christmas in Canada.
Richard and myself Christine have managed to secure jobs here, downsides are trying to get papers for the last 8 years, to get our car insurance sorted out. This has been a long haul, and we appear to have 1 year missing, due to the Company going out of business.THis has been very expensive for us, but our first Winter here has been majical.
Any Brits out in Kelowna B.C.
Chris Happy New Year to everyone
Old Dec 26th 2008, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Caimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant futureCaimas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Emigrated June 26th 08

Hello Christine1

Not in Kelowna or any where in Canada, just wanted to say: 'sounds great' and hope 2009 brings more of the same.

Good luck to you and your family!

Merry Christmas!

Jo-Anne
X

Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

Hi Christine and welcome to the forum!

Yes I am living in Kelowna, have been since May 08. Absolutely love it. The car insurance is always a problem and ICBC look for anything not to accept your no claims information. Some people have been lucky and many have not! No doubt ours will be refused when we have to re-new next year so $$$$ we will have to pay out:curse:

Anyway eveything has gone smoothly for us with no problems at all, we settled into our new life immediately ie. on the plane at Heathrow!

Good Luck and enjoy your new life.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:29 pm
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christine1
Hi
My family sponsored us 4 years ago, and we arrived in Kelowna B.C. June 26th. It is a fantastic place to live, and we have children, and grandchildren here, so it has been nice to spend our first Christmas in Canada.
Richard and myself Christine have managed to secure jobs here, downsides are trying to get papers for the last 8 years, to get our car insurance sorted out. This has been a long haul, and we appear to have 1 year missing, due to the Company going out of business.THis has been very expensive for us, but our first Winter here has been majical.
Any Brits out in Kelowna B.C.
Chris Happy New Year to everyone
One of the places on my list for a recce trip next year, sounds like it's more than worth a visit

All the best in 2009.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tracie107
Hi Christine and welcome to the forum!

Yes I am living in Kelowna, have been since May 08. Absolutely love it. The car insurance is always a problem and ICBC look for anything not to accept your no claims information. Some people have been lucky and many have not! No doubt ours will be refused when we have to re-new next year so $$$$ we will have to pay out:curse:

Anyway eveything has gone smoothly for us with no problems at all, we settled into our new life immediately ie. on the plane at Heathrow!

Good Luck and enjoy your new life.
Thank you for the welcome, this is much appreciated, we went up to Big White for a visit, it was really nice. We live around the Glenmore area, which is pretty central for everything, a bit wary at first driving, but getting used to the roads a little now. We brought our dog from England, and although nearly 13 she has settled in too.
All best wished Chris
Old Dec 27th 2008, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all

happy christmas to you

we been in kelowna a month and think the area is great
and yep off to big white again tomorrow
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:11 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

powerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nice

Hi ya'll

We're off to Kelowna with our little baby girl and mother in law to have a look at Kelowna, early spring. I hear very little feedback about Kelowna that is negative, hopefully it will live up to our expectations.

What's property prices doing there.................i bet it's one place that won't be affected too much.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by powerwrap
Hi ya'll

We're off to Kelowna with our little baby girl and mother in law to have a look at Kelowna, early spring. I hear very little feedback about Kelowna that is negative, hopefully it will live up to our expectations.

What's property prices doing there.................i bet it's one place that won't be affected too much.
You will have a great time here, we came out 6 years ago for an holiday, and just wanted to live here. It took us 4 years as our daughter sponsored us. The prices are coming down thiis year, so bargains can be had.
You will have a great time here, it is lovely. Hope you enjoy the holiday
Old Dec 28th 2008, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by powerwrap

Yes it is definitely a "buyers market" $550,000 4 bed house now down to $429,000. When we arrived in May 08 there wasn't many nice houses in our price range. Now one is completely spoilt for choice.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

powerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nicepowerwrap is just really nice

Lovely, lovely can't wait !
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

ESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant future

Hi

I am have been looking at Kelowna and i am definitely looking at a recce in the spring.

My only concern is the job situation though as it seems that there is not much of a business centre??

I am work in Sales as a Key Account Manager and this could be a problem as i do not think the wages hold up to the cost of housing etc.

It does look a beautiful area though, with nice hot summers and not too cold winters.

Dan
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ESSEXHAMMER
Hi

I am work in Sales as a Key Account Manager and this could be a problem as i do not think the wages hold up to the cost of housing etc.

Dan
This is a definate. House prices have dropped so much that you have to wonder if they were really worth that sort of money in the first place, clearly overpriced. Some have knocked $100,00 off their homes I know our neighbour has. Personally I think it is quite expensive to live here and if you have young children you will probably only have the one wage coming in. The cost of decent child care is also expensive if you can get into a nursery to start with!!

But I do love it here.

Last edited by Tracie107; Dec 29th 2008 at 2:51 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

ESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant future

I have 2 children although the eldest is now 5 and goes to school the youngest is only 2 years old.

The Wife is a NNEB Qualified Nursery Nurse so this could help??

Dan
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ESSEXHAMMER
I have 2 children although the eldest is now 5 and goes to school the youngest is only 2 years old.

The Wife is a NNEB Qualified Nursery Nurse so this could help??

Dan
Oh Yes!

Look into opening up a day care in your home, a few people have done this? You just have to make sure the facilities are up to code/standard of course.

Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.