Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Emigrate Show - York this weekend

Emigrate Show - York this weekend

Old May 20th 2005, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Emigrate Show - York this weekend

Originally Posted by suziequ
We are going to go on Sunday.

Ooohhh I hope I wont be dissapointed with the Canada stand

Patsy we are in Warrington and I have printed off directions, its about 1 1/2 hours from here (although a friend says 1 hour)

Sue
see u there then....will the seminars be on both days d'you think? i'd prefer sat but hubby wnats to watch the FA cup final
Old May 20th 2005, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
hi all

i think i we'll go saturday afternoon, leave sunday free lol ( just in case i have lots to drink on Saturday night, then i can cabbage on Sunday)

has anybody taken kids/teenagers to a emigration show?? they are swinging from "can't wait to go" and not interested !! lol

Rosie
Im going to try and drag my boys with me...met a woman who sold canada to hubby at the sandown one...hoping someone can do the same for me with the lads...the 13 year old will come, i'll make him, unsure about the other two....might be a bribe there...i think it prob will be boring for them but im hoping that they may get one thing from it.
Old May 20th 2005, 3:02 pm
Get me out of here

suziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Patsy
Im going to try and drag my boys with me...met a woman who sold canada to hubby at the sandown one...hoping someone can do the same for me with the lads...the 13 year old will come, i'll make him, unsure about the other two....might be a bribe there...i think it prob will be boring for them but im hoping that they may get one thing from it.
Patsy

Fancy meeting up?

We wil hopefully be there at about 12 o'clock (daugher is having 10 :scared: friends over on Saturday night for a sleepover as it was her 10th birthday on Tuesday)

We have a 14 year old son so maybe they could grunt together

Sue
Old May 21st 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by suziequ
Patsy

Fancy meeting up?

We wil hopefully be there at about 12 o'clock (daugher is having 10 :scared: friends over on Saturday night for a sleepover as it was her 10th birthday on Tuesday)

We have a 14 year old son so maybe they could grunt together

Sue
Hi sue..yes great...my 13 year old son will be there and maybe my 19 year old......where shall we meet?
i'll be the one with the fag and the bottle of bolly under my arm!
Old May 21st 2005, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

oops who forgot about the cup final i thought it better to postpone till Sunday, not a good idea to upset hubby and 14yr old son the added bribes of "you choose where we go for Sunday lunch and what do you want to do next weekend" helped lol.

Rosie
Old May 21st 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
oops who forgot about the cup final i thought it better to postpone till Sunday, not a good idea to upset hubby and 14yr old son the added bribes of "you choose where we go for Sunday lunch and what do you want to do next weekend" helped lol.

Rosie
hmmmm any suggestions for a bribe for 17 year old who would only go if maybe the whole of everton fc where there!!!
Old May 21st 2005, 6:37 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

hmmmm any suggestions for a bribe for 17 year old who would only go if maybe the whole of everton fc where there!!!
Patsy, I (used) to love you!!! But how can you mention the 'E' word in polite conversation??'

Your son/daughter needs therapy.....quick!!!

PS.. I love you really!!!

PPS. Congrats on winning the 4th place in the league......aaaagghhh, chockee, eeee!!! Sorry, something got stuck in my throat!!!!

Last edited by Scouse; May 21st 2005 at 7:09 pm.
Old May 21st 2005, 7:06 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

ok i will
Thanks sweetie!!
Old May 21st 2005, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scouse
Whoever goes, please try to find out which month is currently being processed....eg, Feb/March 2004 etc.

Many thanks!!
Scouse

Went to the show today. To answer your question I asked CHC and they told me that they are currently processing Dec 2003. The chap I spoke to was very helpful and he anticipated that July AOR applicants can expect to hear something in approx 7 months (Dec 2005), so you may be able to work your own out from that.
Old May 21st 2005, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gray C
Scouse

Went to the show today. To answer your question I asked CHC and they told me that they are currently processing Dec 2003. The chap I spoke to was very helpful and he anticipated that July AOR applicants can expect to hear something in approx 7 months (Dec 2005), so you may be able to work your own out from that.
Sorry could not edit for some reason. To clarify things for you all I meant to put AOR July 2004.
Old May 22nd 2005, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry could not edit for some reason. To clarify things for you all I meant to put AOR July 2004.
Gray, Thanks for the information on the current processing position. Most usefull as I was unable to go to York myself in the end.

I am also a July '04 AOR. I was really hoping for a August/September '05 IA, guess thats not to be. Just wishfull thinking on my part, but feeling bummed all the same.

Dozzzzy
Old May 22nd 2005, 8:16 am
It sure is a long road...

brummie_babe has a spectacular aura aboutbrummie_babe has a spectacular aura aboutbrummie_babe has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Emigrate Show - York this weekend

Thanks Gray, your info has been duly noted...I am also a July 2004 AOR, my application was submitted in May 2004. This was the 2nd submission date , the first one was April 2004,however the application was returned back to me unprocessed with a note attatched saying page 1 of the IMM0008 form was missing (even though I know for sure that I had sent it with the original application!)
It will be interesting to see how the medicals roll out so close to the christmas and holiday season.
As much as I want to get to Canada 'now' the December time line is ok for me and my 2 boys as we hope to go over during the summer 2006, as soon as my eldest son has taken his final exams at secondary school.

Good luck to everyone...Hang in there!
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:17 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

To answer your question I asked CHC and they told me that they are currently processing Dec 2003.
I read the same information in another immigration forum, but with the additional info that Dec 2003 was the month the application was sent to London, not the AOR month. Can anyone confirm this?
Old May 24th 2005, 5:31 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse

Thanks, Gray C.

When I went to Sandown Park in March, I was told they were processing Nov/Dec 2003, so obviously things are not moving too quickly!!

Reading some posts/threads, it seems that a couple of Feb 2004 AOR's have already been processed.....curiouser and curiouser!!!

I suspect the bottom line is....it will happen when it happens!!

Last edited by Scouse; May 24th 2005 at 5:34 am.
Old May 24th 2005, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wannabe
I read the same information in another immigration forum, but with the additional info that Dec 2003 was the month the application was sent to London, not the AOR month. Can anyone confirm this?
I was told that Dec 03 refered to the month the application was received not the month of the AOR.

HTH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.