Reload this Page >

Elementary Schools in Fredericton NB

Elementary Schools in Fredericton NB

Old Nov 24th 2011, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

JonJib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Elementary Schools in Fredericton NB

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of elementary schools (good and bad), they would care to share please?

All being well, when we get to Fredericton the kids will be just turned 12 and nearly 10 years old.

Starting to think about what area we want to live in, in Fredericton, but this is likely to be determined by the elementary schools' catchment areas.

As I understand it, (from the business trip in Feb 2010 - yes it has taken that long!), there is only one high school, so that is not something to consider.

We are talking about state schools here, not private education.

Many thanks in advance.

Jon
Old Nov 24th 2011, 6:51 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elementary Schools in Fredericton NB

Originally Posted by JonJib
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of elementary schools (good and bad), they would care to share please?

All being well, when we get to Fredericton the kids will be just turned 12 and nearly 10 years old.

Starting to think about what area we want to live in, in Fredericton, but this is likely to be determined by the elementary schools' catchment areas.

As I understand it, (from the business trip in Feb 2010 - yes it has taken that long!), there is only one high school, so that is not something to consider.

We are talking about state schools here, not private education.

Many thanks in advance.

Jon
Two high schools, one for north side, one for south side.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 7:01 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

This gives the full list of schools.

http://www.district18.nbed.nb.ca/schools

I may be wrong but I think you want a middle school. We are moving to Fredericton in August 2012, when our son finishes Primary, here in France. He will be 11 and will be going to Ecole Sainte Anne, which is the French speaking school. The one on the South Side is Leo Hayes High School, and on the North Side, Fredericton High School. Both pretty central and with a school bus system. Best of luck!
Old Nov 24th 2011, 7:02 pm
BE user by choice

MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies, I meant a middle school for your 12 year old. All the Elementary schools for the ten year old are on the list too.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 7:08 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
This gives the full list of schools.

http://www.district18.nbed.nb.ca/schools

I may be wrong but I think you want a middle school. We are moving to Fredericton in August 2012, when our son finishes Primary, here in France. He will be 11 and will be going to Ecole Sainte Anne, which is the French speaking school. The one on the South Side is Leo Hayes High School, and on the North Side, Fredericton High School. Both pretty central and with a school bus system. Best of luck!
You have your High Schools arse about tit, as the expression goes. North side is Leo Hayes
Old Nov 24th 2011, 7:16 pm
BE user by choice

Thank you! Hence I posted the list!